Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chevy cobalt LS 2.2 engine size. Got off of work the other day and went out to start my car up and it clicks once and nothing. When I try to turn it over the radio and beeping from no seat belt on dims to a stop and when I let go of the key from turning it over it all comes back on. Radio and accessorys all work. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery for now!Did you try boosting it?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you try turning the crank by hand to see if it was free? Any oil in it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How old is the battery? Sometimes if the battery is fried, charging it won't help. Found that out this past winter on my wife's minivan (during a snowstorm!) The only thing I might suggest is to have the battery tested. When you do crank the engine by hand, check the pulleys to see if they turn. My Dad's alternator pulley seized up on him one day. Just a thought...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How old is the battery? Sometimes if the battery is fried, charging it won't help. Found that out this past winter on my wife's minivan (during a snowstorm!) The only thing I might suggest is to have the battery tested. When you do crank the engine by hand, check the pulleys to see if they turn. My Dad's alternator pulley seized up on him one day. Just a thought...
Maybe about a year old, just had it set to charge going to put it back in now and check the pulleys and make sure everything is running fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.