Purple LED swap in HVAC
Purple LED swap in gear indicator
Purple LED swap in all interior buttons
Pioneer sound system. Upgraded the 6x9's to 3-way kenwoods
IPod AUX hookup

Exterior:
Door guard trim delete
Painted headlights black and nightshade the amber cover
Purple LED halo around DRL lights, blink with the turn signal (See Video Below)
Upgraded control arm bushings

Heres my car so far:

Purple LEDs all over the place!

And white interior

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Nice, looks clean. Welcome. Pics of you with your car? any future plans for mods?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^not a perv! :D I'm just young and curious. Nothing wrong with that!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
:nuts: It's always nice to put a face with a Nickname even an ugly mug like mine. Then when you meet them you know your talking to the right person or you know when to walk the other way :bigsmile: .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No pictures of me with the car. I have to take the pictures after all. Maybe I'll get some this summer when its a bit warmer out :bigsmile:

Did some work to the headlights yesterday. Blacked them out, nightshaded the orange cover, and did a purple LED "halo" that is always on with the ambient light sensor (so only on when dark) and pulses opposite the turn bulb.

>> Video of LED's pulsing <<

I've also remove the door guard trim, and repainted the rear 1/4 panel after some jackass backed into me and took off. Thats it for now, but this site is inspiring :) I'm not one for performance mods, just making it look unique.
:love:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
No pictures of me with the car. I have to take the pictures after all. Maybe I'll get some this summer when its a bit warmer out :bigsmile:

Did some work to the headlights yesterday. Blacked them out, nightshaded the orange cover, and did a purple LED "halo" that is always on with the ambient light sensor (so only on when dark) and pulses opposite the turn bulb.

I've also remove the door guard trim, and repainted the rear 1/4 panel after some jackass backed into me and took off. Thats it for now, but this site is inspiring :) I'm not one for performance mods, just making it look unique.
That's real unique and looks clean. Nice touch. Never seen that done before, and I've seen a LOT of different things done to cobalts :p NICE WORK! now, MORE MODS ;D

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

What kind of led did you use I did the same but light blue and each side has 32 led's so there Is tons of little dots coming off the reflecter.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's real unique and looks clean. Nice touch. Never seen that done before, and I've seen a LOT of different things done to cobalts :p NICE WORK! now, MORE MODS ;D
Thanks a lot :) Unique is what I'm always shooting for.

What kind of led did you use I did the same but light blue and each side has 32 led's so there Is tons of little dots coming off the reflecter.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
3mm regular LED's. 16 on each side, I took out the LED signal bulbs because of all the dots actually. The stock bulbs really emphasize the halo effect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How hard was it to do those purple led's? cause i love the look of those and it's cheaper than buying new headlights with halo's.
To open, paint, drill, mount LEDs, solder, wire, reseal, and wire the relay took about 5 hours per side! The LED portion took about 3 hours per light on its own.

And thanks for the love guys! I'll have to snap off a few more on my next sunny day off :love:

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
I'm impressed that you do your own work! Can't even get my wife to check her oil. Is that a Victoria Secret 2012 Runway edition?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.