Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
SWeet freakin intake! i wish i could make one for 80$. And in my opinion that looks better then most other intakes that go for like $250. and i reall like your taillights.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i like how the amp is hidden behind the seat. i'm definitely feelin' that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
SWeet freakin intake! i wish i could make one for 80$. And in my opinion that looks better then most other intakes that go for like $250. and i reall like your taillights.
Anybody can make an intake for $75 to $150. You can buy the piping and filter and everything at your local auto parts store. You just have to know what size and what kind of pieces you need. I don't know what brand he has for parts, but I know the common one is Sceptre. They sell parts at O'Reilly and Pep Boys and a few other parts stores.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have the whole trunk done with dynamat? If it's just the lid, did it help?
The whole trunk is done in dynamat. The lid side panels under the carpet and even behind the license plate lol Makes a big Diff

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody can make an intake for $75 to $150. You can buy the piping and filter and everything at your local auto parts store. You just have to know what size and what kind of pieces you need. I don't know what brand he has for parts, but I know the common one is Sceptre. They sell parts at O'Reilly and Pep Boys and a few other parts stores.
Exactly. Thats where i went. GOod old autozone. You wont believe how loud and clean the engine sounds now. Also when i rev it up there is a kinda turbo sound at the end. Sounds cool. I've had that since i bought it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the fact that you made your own CAI for half the price! Did you buy one of the filters they have there? Or did you buy a K&N or something?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the fact that you made your own for half the price! Did you buy one of the filters they have there? Or did you buy a K&N or something?
I bought the One they had there. It works great. I dont know why people waste so much money for name brand ones when mine does the same thing theres does.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Do you have the whole trunk done with dynamat? If it's just the lid, did it help?
i dynamatted like everything in my car. I gotta say the place you gotta dynamat for sure is the rear deck lid, by the rear speakers. I dynamtted thetop and bottom of that thing. WOW, made a huge difference. Not only By causes less rattles and shaking, but the clarity and quality of the sound coming from the speakers was much better after.

I dynamatted my front doors aswell... meh you can do without that. But it did imporve the sound a little bit. And as for the trunk i did the entire truck. everywhere covered in dynamat extreme. Made a big difference, in sound quality but no matter what your trunk lid is going to rattle. I pu 1 layer on my trunk and it rattles, i wound up putting a total of 3 layers of dynamat on my trunk lid and still there is rattles, its just inevitable. The trunk lid will rattle if you turn the bass up enough.

But i gotta say all the dynamat was well worth it, if i could go back in time i would do it all over again without a doubt. Music sounds so much better now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.