Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUNDERSTAND I DO NOT want this to become a fight! I am asking for the answer to this question: I want to go into the millitary to be a helicoptor mechanic. which branch of the military would pay the most for such a position?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
ALL branches of military pay the same, however each branch has their own helicopters. If you want to be a lift mechanic(Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Sea Knights) all branches have those. If you want attack(Apaches, Cobras, and Kiowas) Army and Marines. However you do not get to choose right off the bat for the Marines, they choose the job for you, so you may get infantry.

Again, all branches pay the same you will not get more or less money for any job due to a different service, other wise everyone would be trying to get into the best paying service, it is the unwritten benefits that make one more desirable to a person. If you really want more money go into the Army as they deploy more and longer(good for single people), if you are married, I would recommend the Air Force as they do not deploy as much.

I am a Army OH-58D Kiowa mechanic and have 36 months deployed in 12 month stretches since Jan 2003.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
ALL branches of military pay the same, however each branch has their own helicopters. If you want to be a lift mechanic(Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Sea Knights) all branches have those. If you want attack(Apaches, Cobras, and Kiowas) Army and Marines. However you do not get to choose right off the bat for the Marines, they choose the job for you, so you may get infantry.

Again, all branches pay the same you will not get more or less money for any job due to a different service, other wise everyone would be trying to get into the best paying service, it is the unwritten benefits that make one more desirable to a person. If you really want more money go into the Army as they deploy more and longer(good for single people), if you are married, I would recommend the Air Force as they do not deploy as much.

I am a Army OH-58D Kiowa mechanic and have 36 months deployed in 12 month stretches since Jan 2003.
Exactly correct!!! Also note that there are far fewer attack helicopters in the Marines, which means far fewer pilots. If you want to pilot an attack helicopter the Army is your best bet.

Our men an women in uniform, along with veterans, are appreciated on this forum very much. I do not think you have to worry about a fight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.