Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the seller was supposed to sell me a Burton Bullet board, instead I found out it was really a Royale. I knocked him down $20 from his original price, hes a douche for advertising the wrong thing and not telling me before I drove the 100 miles round trip to pick up. Anyways it turned out not to be that bad because the board I got is still kick ass, and everything is in almost new condition. Here are pics:

Board- Burton Royale
Bindings- Ride Delta Movement
Boots- Burton Hail

Oh damn, this should prob go in the photography forum.. Too lazy to transfer lol, a mod will be on it soon :amuse:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think its pretty sick too. I just hope it rides good, I know I'm gonna have to adjust the bindings cause I dunno how he rode the board with his right foot at such an angle.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear, not I'm just gonna need to know from you guys how to change the angle on the bindings- and what I should change it to for free riding comfort and park in case I decide to go nuts once I get my feet wet- I missed a season of riding so I need to warm back up.

I also looked up some reviews on it, basically a great intro/ intermediate board- on the springy side. Not the most stable for high speed, good for park and all around riding, lots of positive reviews on it. I'm happy as long as it rides good, I'll know next week.

·
Registered
462 Posts
good shit man, see you finally got yourself one... did you find it on craigslist like I did?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes sir, craigslist for the win. :amuse:

And Kyle I'd really appreciate that. I'm gonna go ahead and google what effect the angle has tomorrow when I'm not working.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like a solid deck. It's got capped edges (though I guess all new boards do these days), which is a good start. Any idea which core it has?

EDIT: Just read some reviews. Sounds like a good entry-to-mid level board. Only "complaints" against it were that it's a bit soft for extreme back country or high speed, but that this was countered by how fun it is to goof around on. I'd say good buy.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
looks nice. i believe i have a burton my self, not sure tho. I don't remember. Haven't been snowboarding in a long time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
A heavier, softer board is good for you. It will allow you to take on gradually more challenging conditions without getting bitten. A board like that will have predictable responses... You'll want more speed eventually, but for now you have the perfect deck.

My Custom X, for example, will kill you if you don't know what you're doing. Stopping quickly, it bites so hard that it can chuck you to the ground. Not what you want on a double-black run if you're inexperienced.

·
Registered
462 Posts
A heavier, softer board is good for you. It will allow you to take on gradually more challenging conditions without getting bitten. A board like that will have predictable responses... You'll want more speed eventually, but for now you have the perfect deck.

My Custom X, for example, will kill you if you don't know what you're doing. Stopping quickly, it bites so hard that it can chuck you to the ground. Not what you want on a double-black run if you're inexperienced.
you shouldn't even be on double black or even black diamond if you're inexperienced lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ramphex I usually board upstate in Lake George, hitting up Gore Mtn too.

I'm gonna try and do a road trip with some friends over a weekend, stay overnight- who knows where we'll go if we actually do it- I'll let you know if we do :amuse:.

Yeah Force I read the same exact reviews, I think its a great fit for what I'm doing now. I'm pretty sure in 3 seasons I'll either wreck this one on a rock or something or just get tired of it, then I can upgrade- for now it should be perfect. Yeah I don't go on black diamonds, well at least not the ones that are 90% moguls- its just not my thing riding on that. I love the trails that are winding and steep that give you opportunities to gain tons of speed and get air without screwing you up too much.

Can't wait to see what she can do next tues.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok so I go boarding tomorrow, time to set this board up. I've been reading some articles on setup, still not sure what to adjust it to. Force OBZ or Kyle mind chipping in?

Mostly gonna be mid-high speed free riding/ carving with some small jumps. No rails/ extreme stuff.

Board angle right now is -3, -6.

·
Registered
381 Posts
+15 deg front, -10 deg rear.

That's a pretty neutral setup, good for getting used to the board and all-around riding. I only tune more aggressive than that for park work, which I barely do anymore.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.