Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during the summer i had gotten into an accident. i wanted to know the best way to fix the bumper. the holes I'm going to bondo but the buckling i don't know how to fix here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Bad new is that the buckling may require bumper replacement. Good news is that if it does require replacement, I have one. Bad news is that I am in Alabma.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad new is that the buckling may require bumper replacement. Good news is that if it does require replacement, I have one. Bad news is that I am in Alabma.
there is no way to fix the buckling at all without buying a new bumper?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Do not know, maybe someone else here can chime in, you can also try to get an estimate at alocal body shop and see what they say. Usually my experiencewith plastic buckling means repalcement of said part. Make sure you get a professionals advice or say on this, I could be wrong with the new parts they may be different.

And my bumper is Laser Blue in color.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do not know, maybe someone else here can chime in, you can also try to get an estimate at alocal body shop and see what they say. Usually my experiencewith plastic buckling means repalcement of said part. Make sure you get a professionals advice or say on this, I could be wrong with the new parts they may be different.

And my bumper is Laser Blue in color.
but is it laser blue metallic?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
yo my bumper got smacked as well, 4/5 body shops told me to replace it...

one guys said "lol you broke your plastic car, replace the parts" :laugh:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
road trippp
if its liek 3-4 hrs away meet him half bro

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
You cant use "bondo" on plastic, and just for your reference theres no such thing as bondo anymore. lol its body filler. But if you want it fixed right I would take it to a shop because if you have no experience it wont turn out good.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
shipp itt

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just replaced the front bumper cover on a Cavalier. I bought it used and it looks pretty good and was very easy to do. I still have the old one. I bumped it out but you can still see the creases. I'm not sure if it is worth trying to fix. If I painted it the creases will still show through.

Like the guy said, it's plastic, replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
What would be the safest way (packaging)to ship and what is the cheapest way to ship? Anyone ever ship or receive a bumper? I do not have access to any boxes that big and defienitely would not want it messed up during shipping.

·
Registered
911 Posts
try heating it with a heat gun, it'll pop it out...don't use body fill, whoever said that shouldn't have said that lol...bodyfill will crack..u need flexible putty. To fix holes use panelbond..put some on the outside of the hole and some on the inside of the hole. Sand it just like u would with bodyfill (just use a featheredger to do it) then use flexible putty over it (go bigger than the hole and block it this time) should turn out fine

·
Registered
674 Posts
when I had my rear bumper replaced three years ago because of a wreck, the new one shipped and was a little bit buckled on the bottom where the tabs are, the body shop took a heat gun and heated it and put a cold wet rag on it several times till it straightened out, took them about half the day but they got it straight. they had to be careful cause they already painted it when it happened

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.