Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends,
Long time lurker. First time poster. But I finally had to make an account because I am stumped.

So basically, my wife's pontiac is not getting heat. And after checking the actuator and seeing that it was damaged as I've seen so many other posts about I went ahead and fixed it.

Still no heat. So I removed the dash and checked the doors clear and moving and it was.

So then I went under the hood again.

Mind you I am not an under the hood kind of guy. I'm just trying so hard not to dump $100s more into a car that's eaten a ton of budget already for us.

I noticed that the line running to and from the firewall was connected to itself. As in one hose is connected at both ends to the firewall. And not connected to anything else. Is this right?or did I just take the dash apart for fun?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

Did you just buy the car? Looks like somebody bypassed the heater core... You would have had to take the dash apart anyway to get at the core to replace it, so you're half way there. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I bought the car about 7 months ago. We didn't need the heat at first and just didn't notice. Now I've been fighting it for a couple months trying to figure out the heat. It does seem thst it's been bypassed I suppose. However I'm guessing they bypassed it because it was stuck on the heat setting because the actuator was broken. So rather than fix that (?) they decided to just bypass the heater to get the heat off thinking fixing the actuator would be too big a deal.

Well atleast I got to pull out the old busted stereo in the process. ??

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can get the core pressure tested, if it's good just hook it up and you'll be good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.