Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey from Jersey =)

3K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  emilypaige 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site and just wanted to say whats up and get myself started on here.

I have a 2006 Cobalt lt, which as of now is completely stock. I have lots of ideas floating around and am currently just waiting on the funds (being a broke college student) and the time. I am always up for new ideas and advice so feel free!

-emily paige

#2 ·
Welcome. Just look around a little, there are plenty of things you can do to your car on a budget. If you need any help, just post a question, I'll guarantee that you'll have a few answers within a few hours...

#4 ·
yeah usampduffy is totally correct. we do alot of simple mods.. depends on if u want power looks or both or just something to make your balt ur own. welcome to the site.. hope u enjoy there are alot of people that are very helpful on here.. so just ask. haha and is ur LT a coupe or a sedan. just curious auto or manual

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

im dumb u have a coupe and plus its black which is also a great thing.. but enjoy .. turbo it haha. kidding alot of money for that. atleast new performance intake, maybe catback or full back. headers tune. umm springs.. the good stuff

#6 ·
sweet sweet.. nice auto is alright haha but everyones different. black coupe u have the my link system or no.. and how many miles are on it. is it paid in full. i have a black Coupe SS/TC whos blue cav. is that in the photos also.. how u hear about the website

#7 ·
Thankfully its all paid off already and it has a little under 23k on it right now, had about 17k on it when I got it. The blue cav is my boyfriend's daily driver, he has an 02 cavalier coupe that he's modifying right now.

I actually ended up finding the website on my own haha I was finally bitten by the car bug and want to start getting into modding and racing my coby. I know for now I want to start small- lowering it, new wheels and tires eventually, and possibly an intake.

#10 ·
I think I'm gonna start with the intake and follow that with lowering it- still doing research into how I actually want to lower the car. I call it coby sometimes but I really named "him" Zam, just because its the first three letters of my plate haha Where in PA are your meets?

#11 ·
wow so girls name the car they drive a guy. haha it usually is a car or anything is a girl. haha but coby is cool zam different where u get the name from? do u know where Raystown is maybe pits.. its kinda far from jersey. haha would u be willing to drive that far. btw names Justin.. also u might get a few post from usampduffy his name is Chris we just call him Duffy. haha but intake sounds good get a K&N one i believe a typhoon like duffy has on his it sounds nice n springs also talk to duffy about i more the performance side n electrical side n paint side of the balt. we live in Wv around this area there are a few of us. all blakced out thats the first thing u should do or paint interior its def cheap../

#21 · (Edited)
I'm a guy and my cars have either been gender neutral or in the case of the Cobalt, a male (Mainly because I just named it after the color, Victory Red. Some of my friends joke I actually named it Viktorovich since it is about as red as the Soviet flag.)

Last 3 cars: 95 Grand AM SE (Sturmvögel), 07 G5 (Sturmvögel Zwei), 05 Cobalt SS/SC (Victor)

#12 · (Edited)
Welcome, glad to have ya. Before you do any mods, what kind of driver are you? It plays a part in knowing what mods will work for you. I am a drag racer and have a build list I will follow in order to meet that goal. Some here are into car audio and have amazing systems. And then, there are those of us who think their car is not worth driving unless its so low that sparks fly when they drive. So, whether you are a racer, blaster, show queen, or scraper, make your decision and then we can help you choose the right mods to get you there.

p.s. - you sure are a pretty thing !!!

#13 ·
well true i think she said she wants to do drag racing.. but also to do drag racing u need to be lower. for better traction n handling. and also performance for pulling ahead. like mine iam going for all fast low n different n something of my own. oh and if u wanna drag weight reduction. haha

#14 ·
From my experience, in an automatic, you have NO issue launching these cars. I got "maybe" a foot of wheelspin and it was more like a chirp chirp chirp. In a manual I can see where traction is an issue but not an automatic.

Did you see the girl? Just her being in it IS a weight reduction compared to most of our heavy asses. lol

#15 ·
I appreciate guys =) Well I'm interested in starting to drag race. I have a few friends who do already so I'm surrounded by it. I'm not a very competitive person so its more for fun. This car is my daily driver so I dont want to do anything too over the top. Like I said, I do want to lower it but nothing too crazy- scraping it up on the street does not sound like fun to me lol I'll probably end up lowering it with springs, Ive heard mostly good things.

Anyway, I'm up for any advice or ideas you guys have. I really appreciate everything!
oh, btw my name is Emily =)

#16 ·
hello Ms. Emily, I am Mike.

you have a ton of spring choices out there but most choose Eibach or H&R. If you have enough money, you can go with coil-overs for infinite adjustment to ride height. You will also need an alignment and depends on springs, new shocks.

to save a little money but get a decent gain, start by removing your intake silencer. there is a how-to on here and it makes a decent improvement. Being that we are automatic cars, there is only so much we can do to make a huge improvement. The next logical step would be headers, mid-pipe with cat, and a cat-back exhaust system.

Lastly, a lot of us talk by facebook, and we have a thread dedicated to that. So if you have one, post in there and add us all. :)

#17 ·
Okay guys sounds great =) I have my link to fb on my profile so feel free to add me and I'll try and find the group page on there. I'll look into both those brands for springs. Like I said I'm gonna start slow and see how far I can get...but I'm sure once I start I wont ever stop haha

#19 ·
well true i wouldnt wanna let me run up n down the street making sparks either ,, removing the intake silencer makes a lil gain nothing big is what i was told? and for a manual chirping alot i dont need alot of traction either its call launch control that what it is there for.. she just wants something with a lil pep in her step correct emil. haha gay choice of words.,, i would do springs also. coil-overs are def big $$$. springs cheap way and do u know what type of Hp TQ u are wanting.. haha emily nice to meet u btw.. id totally do a intake springs. catback or full headers back maybe 2.25 pipe... or 3 inch haha kidding. that would be loud..

#27 ·
hahah thanks everyone! Sorry for the delayed response, was out at a BBQ.

I think my next step is going to be the intake. Something simple, but a good start. I'm thinking AEM. Ive also been looking into a new suspension, but I'll take it one step at a time for now haha

#28 ·
if your looking at intakes, for the simple part, id go with a short ram K&N, they are just more user friendly id guess you could say. you dont have to take the fender well apart or the intake silencer out, and i know for a fact it comes with instructions...haha IMO go with the K&N Typhoon, and you should be able to find them fairly cheap on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.