Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Craigslist for a 17 y.o Vette? That's a recipe for disaster. Keep what U have until you find something better for you.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nawh its actually really nice,ive checked it out and everything,its actually nicerthan how tht makes it,plus i dont want something in perfect shape,i need somtin thts fun,but i can still work on and do my own little twists to it,like i was thinkin about gettin it and replacin the motor,prolly the tanny too,just for more power and stuff,plus the money i have on top of sellin the balt would b more tthan enough to cover what i wanna do

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol,the balt really hasnt been too reliable,the fwd is something i really hate,but the balt has been terrible in ice,and i kno avette wouldnt b much better,and the balt has better mileage,ust ive gotten really bored with my balt lately and i want somethin tht is fun,rwd,can have alot of get and go power,and something thts able to compete wit my buddys comaro and mustang,and i want something tht can really turn every1s heads rather than just a few pple.and im not saying im gonna get this perticuller one,altho ive looked at it,but im lookin into things like this,plus i wont b able to get somtin new til late july

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

yea,i kno the insurance will hit the wallet pretty hard,but the balts been hittin my wallet hard too,i mean 800 dollers for insurance for a 4 banger kinda doenst sound right to me,lol

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
at 17 paying a little more then 800 every 6 monthes a corvette would probebly double or even triple that.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
well the cars not even in my name,it is my car,i bought it,but we still put it under my moms name just so insurance would b cheaper,and it still is 800 dollers,and my mom has a perfect record other than 1 tiny fender bender
1 Tiny fender bender is all it takes to boost insurance costs. Im 27 with no accidents, and my 6 month cost is less then 600.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
First off...

That generation of Vette is the ugliest and lamest one ever produced, period..

Second...

Whatever you're paying for insurance, double or triple it.. No matter how clean anyone's record is.

Third...

Think what you're doing through.. Why the hell would you even think about swapping out the stock LT1 and 6 speed? That would be retarded and a waste of $$$ unless you'd be looking to make over 500whp.

Fourth...

Get a Fiero. It can outhandle that generation of Vette easily, insurance is cheaper than the Cobalt.. The stock engine and exhaust sound badass as hell. Its fun to work on and drive, has all the comforts of a 2010 car minus the fancy shit, and its very comfortable.. WAY better than that gen Vette. Not to mention swapping the engine is a piece of cake and for 3k, you can be running 11s on the track with ease plus the cost of the car.

Think about it, I made the choice and couldn't be happier.. Not to mention this car turns heads like no Vette of that year ever would :noworry:

Plus, they burst into flames at random moments.. It doesn't get anymore badass than that.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
First off...

That generation of Vette is the ugliest and lamest one ever produced, period..

Second...

Whatever you're paying for insurance, double or triple it.. No matter how clean anyone's record is.

Third...

Think what you're doing through.. Why the hell would you even think about swapping out the stock LT1 and 6 speed? That would be retarded and a waste of $$$ unless you'd be looking to make over 500whp.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
194 Posts
Plus, they burst into flames at random moments.. It doesn't get anymore badass than that.
yeah, that's what I look for in a car... spontaneous combustion lol... no offense but to make a fiero look good takes some work... not like they are only a few years old... i'm all for GO... but if your car has cancer or is cow spotted with primer it's still lame... although that vette is too... lol... go to a police auction and look for a newish z06 or somethin'... bullet holes are easy to patch...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.