Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I joined a week or 2 ago, and just now getting around to making a intro thread. I just picked up a 09' Cobalt LS coupe about 2 weeks ago and have been checking stuff on it which lead me here. I plan to do a couple things to the car to make it a funner daily driver, nothing to excessive though. Most real modding will be going into my 99' silverado thats what will be getting the real upgrades.
So heres the vehicles:

Cobalt

Front bumper paint looks a different color in this pic, I guess its either the lighting, angle or reflection off the truck, not sure which.

The truck

A short burnout video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_CLOAasx50

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well welcome! how do you like that new K&N you just bought? get it installed yet? The reason the bumper looks like its a different color is because of the material of the bumper. In most lighting it looks fine but in some lighting it looks "off" I have the same issue on my fiberglass hood

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have the same issue on my silver cobalt as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was thinking about that, they should have primered it better before they painted it then.

And yeah, put the intake on it the day I got it, car feels alittle bit better, I dont much care for the noise coming from it, its making me really reluctant on whether I want to put a exhaust on it or not because it sounds a little high pitched to me. Then I again, I am use to hearing a v8. I am probably going to pull the heat shield off the intake tomorrow and line it with some weather stripping or something because I can hear it rattle and its driving me crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
yeah, my cobalt is my first four cylinder. seemed kinda high pitched to me also. but it has grown on me! i was surprised at how good of a tone it has after i put my cat back on. you can go to youtube and search cobalt exhaust, and tons of sound clips will come up of different exhausts. that might help you decide if you want an exhaust.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about that, they should have primered it better before they painted it then.

And yeah, put the intake on it the day I got it, car feels alittle bit better, I dont much care for the noise coming from it, its making me really reluctant on whether I want to put a exhaust on it or not because it sounds a little high pitched to me. Then I again, I am use to hearing a v8. I am probably going to pull the heat shield off the intake tomorrow and line it with some weather stripping or something because I can hear it rattle and its driving me crazy.
Yeah the K&N heat shield does rattle a bit on the motor mount. I just got some rubber door seals and cut a few pieces. Worked great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.