Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to get in the airvents? like the two in the middle and the two on the side? because i plan to put some red led lights in there, that way, when i turn on the flip switch, light comes out lol, unless it would short the lights out from the temp changes, but i dont think it would. so any comments or hints?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only way I've heard to get in there is to dismantle the whole dash... no thanks to that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the hell with that. thanks though. i did discover that putting a wire going from my inside of my car to my door is the biggest pain in the ass ever =/

·
Registered
121 Posts
haha yea it is. That musta took me and my friend almost 2 hours and 4 or 5 coat hooks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
is there anyway to get in the airvents? like the two in the middle and the two on the side? because i plan to put some red led lights in there, that way, when i turn on the flip switch, light comes out lol, unless it would short the lights out from the temp changes, but i dont think it would. so any comments or hints?
holy shit, that was my next idea. great minds i suppose lol

if i get around to it on sunday ill try and get in there and throw up some leds.

and if you try the project im workin on now, im going to start thinkin the guy in the black van across the street is you haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yea it is. That musta took me and my friend almost 2 hours and 4 or 5 coat hooks.
2 hours? thats it?!?!? it took me forever.... i should have thought of that coat hook thing =/ but as for the airvents, i dont think im going to mess with them, my fingers hurt to much from pulling shit apart in my car, god help me if i tried the air vents. quick question, you can usually put as many leds on one switch and it wont hardly affect the 12 volt source at all right? because i still want to be able to use my 12 volt car adapter that i tapped into and i dont want to strain it and blow a fuse or somthing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea, it sucks. luckly i had another set of hands to help me. i'm still hoping to get in vents so i could throw some leds in there. i was gonna put blue and red that change color depending on if you had the heat or ac on. oh well one day.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Taking off the dash is the only way to get in there, unless you want wires hanging everywhere. I have already put LED's in all of my vents and the dash actually wasn't that hard to take off but I also had an air ratchet and a friend to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
unless it would short the lights out from the temp changes, but i dont think it would. so any comments or hints?
How would positive touch a ground and "short" if the temp changes? An electrical short happens when positive touches negative. What do you mean?

·
Registered
121 Posts
How would positive touch a ground and "short" if the temp changes? An electrical short happens when positive touches negative. What do you mean?
I think he means the actual temperature doing damage to the wires/leds, like a stress fracture with all the hot and cold air or something, not an actual electrical short.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the heat wouldnt hurt the leds themselves, leds are pretty rugged, the only thing id be worried about is the glue or epoxy ur using to secure them. if the temp switches from cold to hot enough it might come undone.

i have leds on the outside of my car, the heat of this last summer and the cold of this time of year isnt hurtin them at all. the solder and electrical tape havent been affected, still bright as shit haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.