Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yess...It'll lead into a conversation about what I need to get and what she has done...It's not like we have to pay for each thread we make...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yess...It'll lead into a conversation about what I need to get and what she has done...It's not like we have to pay for each thread we make...
you might not wanna do what i did tho... its not for every1... plus, its not as "easy" as just switchin out springs to a kit

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well sorry for not being a Lobalt Stalker and checking every single thread that u've posted in...lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well sorry for not being a Lobalt Stalker and checking every single thread that u've posted in...lol
hahahaha, sorry... i didnt mean that mean, just saying i thought every1 knew... but yeah, they're cut factory springs, been cut for about 20,000 miles now...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Do you get a lot of bounce?
not really... i mean, sure it bounces, but no worse than my scion did w/ its Tein S-Techs... HOWEVER, my 03 Eclipse GT (cut) bounced like CRAZY, omg that car was so fun to drive SOMETIMES (if you can handle the bouncing). But then it got old & was too much... I was afraid my balt would be the same way, but this car is about PERFECT. Both my tC & my eclipse popped, clanked & made suspension noises, the cobalt doesnt do anything like that. My only issue is the fact im sitting at a cali rake & i hate it... I'll be fixing that next spring tho... the hubcaps kinda even it out so it wont be too noticable then...

ask beamer about the bounce, he followed my car for about 2 hours along cuuuurrrvvyyy mountain roads, i asked him about the bounce, his only negative comment was on my loud fart can... lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
The only way to get as low as her (in a safeR fashion) is coilovers...not giving you any crap Lobalt as I already have in the past, but you say you've done it before and you've done it for 20k miles on this car so far without incident so I will leave you alone.

Generally speaking, not a good idea, but I think she knows a little better what she seems to be doing than some people (others would just say OK and cut the springs any old place).

So good luck in your quest of lowering the Cobalt to her height...

Lobalt...quick question, how many miles are on your car and how are your struts and shocks holding up so far? Even though you're lower than aftermarket springs will do, I am guessing the softness of the factory springs are what are keeping your struts and shocks from wearing out so fast.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Hey don't knock the guy. I've seen some pretty rediculous thread here btw
Addressing one member?

I think thats what PMs and visitor messages are for.
BUT HEY!
Im chill I was just like wow lol

Im by no means to tell someone what to do. Im just another member here too :)

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It wasn't for one member...It's a suspension question in general if u really look at it...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.