Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, Long Time! Got Some Pics(More Pics Pg2)

Been awhile since I have browsed over here, not very chatty to begin w/ here but I figured I would drop by and show some pics.

Not sure if I have posted any before but here is how the Balt looks as of now. Not sure if its just my screen or not but these recent pics seem abit dark and do not give the new wheels justice but I really like them, match up w/ the vinyl which is good. Got a video walk around too.

And The Walk-around Clip:

Once I sell my SS Polished wheels I plan to get that much needed tint done and get some Sportlines to drop it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nice!

Have you done anything to the interior? What do you think about the GM "lightning bolt" yellow trim pieces? I think if I'd have gotten a yellow Cobalt I would have put those in.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I never see yellow cobalts of any model around here.

Very Nice!

I keeping looking at you car and it feels like its missing something, but i don't know what?

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior has not had anything done, if I was to add color I would paint the silver trim a gloss black because I am not a fan of blight colors in the car plus I would be like any other yellow balt. Also I want a to get some recaro's for it, mine are just the black leather seats, nice but I would love the a set from say the redline I road in.

Not sure what it could be missing, one thing I hate about this car is its hard to photograph. What I mean by that is just sometimes not matter what the pics just make it look blah compared to any of the many other cars I had.

·
Registered
594 Posts
at least a LT is better then a LS model if its very basic that is:p

·
Registered
142 Posts
at least a LT is better then a LS model if its very basic that is:p
I refuse to buy a brand new car without power windows and locks even if it is a $2k markup! lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
my buddy has a LS model,man its extremely basic,has no actual rims just the hub caps,roll up windows no electric,the suspension isn't even the touring suspension like the LT,also his tires I believe are not the michilen tires either,even his speakers are shittier then the LT model's speakers that are not the pioneer system haha,also the top speed on the LS models is lower then the LT models,it may say 140 but from what I read it cuts out at 110 or 115 for the LS models.I think the people who drive LS models kind of got screwed over on things.

·
Registered
869 Posts
my buddy has a LS model,man its extremely basic,has no actual rims just the hub caps,roll up windows no electric,the suspension isn't even the touring suspension like the LT,also his tires I believe are not the michilen tires either,even his speakers are shittier then the LT model's speakers that are not the pioneer system haha,also the top speed on the LS models is lower then the LT models,it may say 140 but from what I read it cuts out at 110 or 115 for the LS models.I think the people who drive LS models kind of got screwed over on things.
What do you mean by that? It still has a wheel doesn't it? From what I understand cars can't ride on just hub caps lol.

·
Registered
594 Posts
what I am saying is,that it doesn't have the "real" rims,thats why people with LS models end up going out buying new rims,because the LS models have the plastic hub caps

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, yea I had an '07 LS. I wanted and went to get an LT but the only LTs they had was one 4 door and one 2 door. Naturally I wanted the two door anyway but the damn thing was auto. They could of gotten for me a LT in w/ manual but they had an LS. I said, if you get me power locks/keyless, pwr windows and have cruise put on it I well take it(thinkin they would give me a helluva deal on a LT cause I pissed they did not have one), well instead they said no problem, got the paper work together and I got all that for about 20 bucks less a month than if I had to order an LT and wait for a week to get it so I went w/ it. The wheels and tires did not hurt the deal as I planned to get nice wheels and tires even if I got the LT anyway and other than that I did not see a big difference. After a week all the extras were put in and I was happy and started to upgrade things but than I week back after a year so or so and found my way into this and am very happy and gas mileage is not a big change, just gotta push myself to stay off the boost hehe.

I believe I did post pics of the LS on here once before but here it was just before I traded/upgraded:

Believe it or not I really miss that car, after all that stuff it just felt like apart of me. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, LOVE my SS. Wish I could have kept it and got the SS but I do not have that kind of money.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know what you mean,why get rid of a car if you spent money to make it look nice or even mod the shit out of it,any car in my view.Then again most can't keep two cars for a reason.Where did you get the gauge that shows the cobalt logo in it,I would really want one but get it as yellow since I drive a yellow cobalt

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it from Black Cat Custom Gauges. I think the site is Black Cat Custom Gauge Faces. They have a wide variety of faces and styles(color chooses) to chose from. I want to get another set for the SS but did not like how much of bish it was to put in on the LS but of course I would have learned from my mistakes on that install. TIP, when putting it all back together and you have the needles back to the right spot(take pics of stocks are they sit w/ car off and when its idling) makes sure you leave the car running because the needles well move very easily out of place(mine was off by 2 mph and 200 rpm). Found that out after getting it all back together.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ah I see,I might get my buddy to help me out then,since he usually does custom related interior work for fun.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea its not that bad, especially if you have a friend who knows alittle about doing something like that. I just hated having to take all that crap apart to get to the cluster. If I can find somebody or a place that is confident in doing it no prob than I well order another set right than and there haha.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah,thats why I try not to deal with exterior or interior,but luckily I know a few people are good at both fields,but those guages look bad ass,then again I have the more sportier looking gauges where its white not black,so thats why I am kind of like eh I don't know I do like the white gauges.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea thats cool, I want the first pic on there that has the LED lighting, white numbers, red line w/ blue or something like that but that means sodering in new lights. Probably be something way down the road anyway, I want to get tint, lower and than a couple performance things.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah right now I am going to be ordering my downpipe so I can put my header on already,then order the jet chip,I was thinking of tinting my windows,it should look cool on a coupe,then later on possible in 2 months or 3 months add a body kit to the lt that I found for 500 something dollars with free shipping

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.