Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, looking at what you have done there... what do you know about putting an air intake on the 2.2 ecotec...Im having real bad luck with mine i think it is b/c im just connecting it to that black box that the old filter thing connected to do u have any idea what i am talking about?
-----Added 5 Apr 2009 at 08:34:05-----
i really think i need a picture to properly describe what im saying

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
not quite sure what your talking about. your intake should hook up to your throttle body. you have to remove the stock air box to get to it. i think your talking about that.(black box?)
what intake are you trying to install?
there should be a how to in the diy forum.
guess there isnt. but you can go to k&n.filters.com and download their instructions. should be similar to yours. it will at least show you how to take the stock air box off. if you have full cold air it will be a little tougher. but not bad. you will have to take out your headlight, and factory intake silencer if full c.a.i.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im talking about if i have to remove the black box where the hose comes out of...is that a throttle body

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
never mind the arrow, but the pentagon shaped black box under it is the air box.
follow the corugated pipe after the mass airflow sensor to the right. and there is another black box. your throttle body is under that. you have to take off the assembly.

heres what mine looks like. notice both black boxes are gone.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also...ok so on the plastic think over the throttle body there is a hose connected to it from some where in the engine what do i do with that once i take the black box off
-----Added 5 Apr 2009 at 09:33:28-----
wait i figured it out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.