Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had this car since 08. Bought it brand new off the lot with 4 miles on it. Its the standard LT (2.2lt engine) but had ebony black interior, all power locks and windows, remote start, and steel alloy wheels. (not the SS ones, but fairly similar ones with a 4 lug nut pattern). And its metallic slate gray. Ill have plenty of pictures soon.

Anyway I am looking to get as much Horse Power out of it is as I can without dropping a ton of money. So I am thinking new exhaust, new air intake, and similar mods. As well as some body mods that i just like (i plan on getting red neons and matching red/black parts) Already got some valvestem covers and a new set of red/black pedals. Sadly its not a 5/speed.

Anyway give me some advice? whats best bang for my buck? easiest mods? cheapest? coolest looking?

Like i said Ill have pictures soon!!! Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
So I have had this car since 08. Bought it brand new off the lot with 4 miles on it. Its the standard LT (2.2lt engine) but had ebony black interior, all power locks and windows, remote start, and steel alloy wheels. (not the SS ones, but fairly similar ones with a 4 lug nut pattern). And its metallic slate gray. Ill have plenty of pictures soon.

Anyway I am looking to get as much Horse Power out of it is as I can without dropping a ton of money. So I am thinking new exhaust, new air intake, and similar mods. As well as some body mods that i just like (i plan on getting red neons and matching red/black parts) Already got some valvestem covers and a new set of red/black pedals. Sadly its not a 5/speed.

Anyway give me some advice? whats best bang for my buck? easiest mods? cheapest? coolest looking?
Like i said Ill have pictures soon!!! Thanks
welcome... my advice... buy my car

·
Registered
610 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
276 Posts
wonder if it is the same S/E as mine just diff color

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I am from the Pittsburgh area to all of you that wanted to know.

And pictures are still coming. Gotta wait til I am off tomorrow so i can wash it up and take some shots. Might go ahead and paint the ECOTEC letters red on my engine as a good starting place. (my official start might actually be the ionized red valve stem covers i got a few nights ago haha)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PICTURES!! Finally I put them all in an album on my profile too.

I have to work but Ill upload them on here too when I am back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

This is NOW.

Phase 1 of my project

Engine Mods
1. Cold Air Intake (Probably K&N, any suggestions here?)

2. New Exhaust (probably cat back at first, but any suggestions? have not looked into it much)

Exterior Mods
1. SS rally spoiler (got one for 80 bucks from ebay, and I have connections to get it
painted for only the cost of materials :p)

2. Fog Lights (probably get them from a wrecked cobalt or off ebay)

3.Front, side, and rear spoilers (probably from GM, again I have connections to get them slightly cheaper)

4. Red Neons under the side running boards

5. Tinted side and rear windows

6. POSSIBLY Debadging

7. Grill mod of some kind perhaps (suggestions?)

Interior Mods
1. Replacing the silver dash and door pieces with red ones. (I plan on painting them myself but I was going to scower junkyards to get a whole new set so i can switch back if i ever need to)

2. red and black seat covers (maybe)

3. New red and black gas and brake pedals

4. Neon switch, and fog light switch

5. GM Red shifter

6. Possibly a boot of some kind for the E brake (suggestions?)

7. New floor mats that match the red and black theme.

Ok thats phase one. Still not sure about a price on it. Most of the exterior parts I want to get either used or from junkyards (already made an offer on some dash parts)]

Suggestions??

Oh and also as you can see my car is dirty as HELL. It stormed a day ago and my car got caked in mud (which sucked) but has since been completely cleaned inside and out.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome !!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Better pics coming But here are quick ones from my phone... of my NEW K&N TYPHOON!! YAY!!

Sounds amazing and I can definitely feel a small boost in power, gets off the line a tad faster too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.