Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up people. I am new here. Joined this forum so maybe I can cheer up about getting a 2009 cobalt LT. Im not much o a car guy but me and my wife are going through some tough times so I had to trade in my 2005 GMC Sierra DENALLI! Maybe you guys can cheer me up a little. I hope these are good cars.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks bro im hoping it last awile. I take super good care of my vehicles. What kind of oil do yall reccamend. And your from VA huh? I bought mine in Virginia Beach!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
welcome to the site. i bought my car in nov. 06 and have not had any major problems. my only dislike is the interior. but since your not new to chevys/gmc, you already now about that. if you take good care of your vehicle your cobalt should last a long time. i use amsoil. ive used mobile 1 and royal purple. and my car seems to like the amsoil best. once again welcome.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah you had a nce car, but i bet it gets nowhere near s good gas mileage as these cars do.

YouTube - chevy cobalt 46 mpg

Thats what my car does stock on the highway im sure your car will do the same. Youll love the gas milage, aside from all the other great aspects of this car, and the cobalts look great to. Search around youll see some great looking cars on here and check the DIY section to learn all the mods you can do to your car!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am a chevy man for sure. And that Sierra Denalli was not good on gas. It was all wheel drive with a 6.0. We love the Cobalt so far. Smooth ride. I am a body builder at 6'5". I have good room in the car. Its just a little tough getting in and out.
-----Added 12 Apr 2009 at 09:09:01-----
I wuld like to find a cheap set of rims. Any good sites? I would like to drop the weight by going to aluminum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wuld like to find a cheap set of rims. Any good sites? I would like to drop the weight by going to aluminum.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Whats up people. I am new here. Joined this forum so maybe I can cheer up about getting a 2009 cobalt LT. Im not much o a car guy but me and my wife are going through some tough times so I had to trade in my 2005 GMC Sierra DENALLI! Maybe you guys can cheer me up a little. I hope these are good cars.:bigsmile:
Welcome to our site! Denalli to a Coby will be a "little" adjustment. You will like it. It is a great car for the money and should service you well.
Oil,, everyone has their favorite. I like Castol brand. I shy away from synthetic for the first change and use the onboard oil change indicator. I change around 15%-20% left regardless of miles.
Wheels? Some sites are expensive. Check THIS site and others, like G5Club.net. (Pontiac G5 is the sister car to your Balt). A LOT of folks upgrade from stock and you can pick up some great GM upgrade wheels, very reasonable. Any questions?? Ask away... A LOT of good folks on here!
What color/equipment did you get? You live in Va.? Again... welcome!!

GTO 1
(Williamsburg, Va)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks guys. I am a chevy man for sure. And that Sierra Denalli was not good on gas. It was all wheel drive with a 6.0. We love the Cobalt so far. Smooth ride. I am a body builder at 6'5". I have good room in the car. Its just a little tough getting in and out.
-----Added 12 Apr 2009 at 09:09:01-----
Ok, so i'm not the only guy who makes the car look small, lol.

I'm 6'5, and i love the leg room i got in the cobalt!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to our site! Denalli to a Coby will be a "little" adjustment. You will like it. It is a great car for the money and should service you well.
Oil,, everyone has their favorite. I like Castol brand. I shy away from synthetic for the first change and use the onboard oil change indicator. I change around 15%-20% left regardless of miles.
Wheels? Some sites are expensive. Check THIS site and others, like G5Club.net. (Pontiac G5 is the sister car to your Balt). A LOT of folks upgrade from stock and you can pick up some great GM upgrade wheels, very reasonable. Any questions?? Ask away... A LOT of good folks on here!
What color/equipment did you get? You live in Va.? Again... welcome!!

GTO 1
(Williamsburg, Va)
I live in notheastern NC. At the VA line.
-----Added 13 Apr 2009 at 05:43:13-----
Thanks for the help fellas!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.