Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say Hi and introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a '09 Cobalt that I paid way too much for, but I just love Cobalts and I, well let's just say my options were few. I had previously owned an '05 Cobalt LS that my parents had purchased brand new and when my Mom passed, I was able to get the Cobalt. I loved that car. then some brainiac mental case former boyfriend decided to put tampons in my gas tank. TAMPONS!!! Who the hell does that shit?? Anyways, by the time we figured out what was going on with my Cobalt, the engine was toast as was the catalytic converter, fuel lines, fuel pump, etc. And this wasn't discovered (about the tampons) until after I had ordered a rebuilt engine and it was installed. Anywho, Comprehensive covered the cost (I had no idea vandalism was covered and I had no proof he did it, so he got off scott free. Grrrrrrr.....) So now I have a car with 136K miles and it is gonna last me for another 100K. I always keep my cars maintained, and this car was no exception. So I am one happy Cobalt mama!!
Then, on my way to work, I am T-boned by a ditzy bitch who "didn't see me because of the snow bank" and instead of creeping out to check for oncoming traffic, she guns it and totals my car. I cannot tell you how angry I was, because now I have to get another car and that is never a fun deal.
So now I have an '09 Cobalt LT and it has a few issues but we are working on them. The biggest issue is in the front, clunking and steering not "tight" and I can feel it in the wheel when it clunks...but not always.
Anyways, that is my story and I am sticking to it!! Any advice on the clunking would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

Sounds like the intermediate shaft if you feel it in the steering. The exposed U-joint must be shot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, were you hurt? Photos of your Balt?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Never knew tampons could be so destructive, that'll set back the feminist movement quite a ways lol

Welcome to YC. Don't stress too much, you'll find these cars are rather inexpensive to repair and easy to work on. Let us know if you have any specific questions and we'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to YC I'm glad your ok :smile2: being T boned is very scary I don't think my ex boyfriend would even touch a tampon lol :laugh2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.