Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i'd say Hi. I bought a 2009 Cobalt LS XFE 2 weeks ago. Black, absoutely no options. Not even a spoiler. I couldnt afford much.

I ended up buying it after the quad 4 in my 99 z24 blew up last month. Right after a brand new clutch and exhaust. What a shame, but I already dumped $2500 into the Cavalier since Jan and i'm not prepared to replace an engine just for the body to rust out in a few years. (I live in canada, we have salty winters) It was a nice car too. Mecnanically sound, (besides a strut and of course the engine) and whomever owned it before me decided to throw on a perl clearcoat over the white. looked really nice under street lights and sunny days.

What really drew me to the Cobalt was that it handles and feels ALOT like the z24. Really surprized actually since they're not even j-bodys. The power band being up higher in the rpm range will take some getting used to, but i'm sure I can manage.. if not then I can find a way to get about 20-30 hp out of it and be happy. I know, the 2.4's form the late 90's are 150hp. but 175ish on a smaller engine might offset it a bit.

thanks for reading,
Marty

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.