Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to these forums, I figured I'd give a little intro and hopefully I can get accustomed to here and the community involved!

I'm 19, my name is Rhys Mucik (Reese Music)
My first car was a GM Series 1994 Saab 900s.
It was a piece, 5 speed, was very fun to drive, but broke down A LOT!

I sold it roughly 5 days ago, and spent a couple of days running up and down CT searching for a new car. I had 7k on me, cash, I went dealer to dealer, looking for Asian Imports. ( I was and still am, concerned about reliability, functionality, and quality. )

I was going to buy a 2002, Honda Civic EX, 55K miles, for 7K.
It had a rebuilt title, flood damage in Chicago, I wanted to look around before I went that route. The car ran fairly well, no major rust (as one would expect) yet something didn't sit right about the vehicle.

I spent so much time searching, I was getting frustrated, the very last place I stopped at was a Chevrolet dealer, I figured I'd check out their pre-owned vehicles, maybe they had something good.

Low and behold, I they gave me a deal, sold me a 2006, Sedan Cobalt LS, Red, 50k miles, for 6800 before taxes, out the door 7600 exact.

So now I'm the proud owner of a Cobalt, it runs pretty good, a big improvement from the Saab, it's an fun little thing, yet has its quirks; I'm not big on the headlights, or the steering wheel, (headlights aren't bright enough), (steering wheel is a little chunkier than I am used to)

Look forward to meeting all of ya! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Welcome to the site, i had an 06 SS/NA, decided it wasnt worth my hassle, and went the way of the older domestic (proud driver of a 92 Corsica)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about HID's.
I've never done any kind of modifications to a vehicle before, I installed a new radiator into my Saab, but that's about it.

I was considering changing the radio, but I really enjoy the way it looks as is.
I just wish it had an AUX in, I think the 07 models had that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.