Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just joined, and the little headliner at the top said to say hi. So I'm saying hi. lol
I don't currently own a Cobalt, but I'm thinking of buying one. Thats actually how I found this site. I just googled "Chevrolet Cobalt" and this popped up. So here I am.
I did have a few questions about the Cobalt...
1. Cupholders. I test drove a cobalt, and loved it. But the cupholders look small. Does anybody have problems with drinks spilling or anything? (geez I feel like a fatty for asking lol)
2. Trunk space. Pretty good? Does it handle day to day tasks pretty well?
3. Personal thoughts? Love your cobalt hate it? Please tell me
Thanks for reading! Shawn.

·
Registered
978 Posts
hi and i have no problems with my balt as for the cup holders i drink big slams and they dont fit but everything else does .trunk is pretty big as well. my personal thoughts about my car is this i love it and im keeping it forever unless something happens to me or the car lol ,i sold a 69 firebird to get this balt (but still have a payment on it) the balt . so go get yourself one .a cobalt that is,

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome! Cans and normal-sized plastic bottles will fit in the cup holders. I’ve never had anything spill in the front ones, never tried the back ones (behind the armrest). Trunk space is good but the opening is kinda small in my opinion. I love my cobalt; good gas mileage, relatively cheap to fix, and of course… easy to mod :bigsmile:! Which model are you thinking of getting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!
@krazed kitty a 2010 2LT. Black wit hblack interior. It has the 17in wheels. Pretty sweet. =D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Agreed, a cobalt is worth getting despite maybe it not being perfect in every way. My front cupholders have a black rubber liner that can go in and out. With it in, its a bit smaller but holds almost all drinks tightly. I only take it out for the biggest of drinks pretty much...with it out though you do need to somewhat make sure your drink doesnt fly out, but again thats when I take the liner out myself.

plenty of trunk space and my back seats fold down(LS sedan) I have my spare tire, jack, and even jack stands all underneath the floor panel of the trunk with room to spare for amp and wiring.

Ive only been here for a short time, but this forum is extremely informative and helpful, plus many members are also willing to help personally as long as you at least take a minute to search for your question in case its been asked before.

To conlcude, I again say that cobalts are great little cars. Mine isnt even super/turbo charged and I still love it.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
^^^ that's because Redbull is for woosies. Now our cup holders work great fro Monster Energy. The 16oz and the 24oz fit perfect, and if you pull out the rubber piece you can fit in the holy grail of Monsters. The B.F.C.

Seriously, it's a great car fro the money with a lot of potential for both power and economy.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
^^^ that's because Redbull is for woosies. Now our cup holders work great fro Monster Energy. The 16oz and the 24oz fit perfect, and if you pull out the rubber piece you can fit in the holy grail of Monsters. The B.F.C.

Seriously, it's a great car fro the money with a lot of potential for both power and economy.
x 100. all I usually have is 12-16 oz cans so the cupholders are fine. for everything else they fall short. its something chevy never learned from the cavalier. well, they went from one almost useless cupholder to two. lol

but for everything else, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Welcome! I have no problem at all with my cobalt.

Cupholders work fine to me.
Trunk space is plenty, even with my subs. Without subs in the trunk, you will have even MORE space.

I have no complaints with my balt to be honest with you. Go ahead, get you one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.