Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just recently received my first set of HIDs with ballast from buyhids.com. The ones I have are the standard NON bi-xenon. They have an hid bulb for the regular lights and a smaller regular halogen for the high beams. Could someone please assist me in how I position these inside the headlamp housing? Do I position it with the hid bulb over top of the smaller halogen bulb or halogen bulb over top of the hid. Or do I position them across from one another and if this is the case , which one is on the left and which one is on the right? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They should go in one way. The hid will be your high beam and the halogen your low

·
Registered
477 Posts
The 9007 bulb should only fit in the socket one way
they have 3 tabs that hold it in place, one is larger only allowing them to be put in one way

They should go in one way. The hid will be your high beam and the halogen your low
incorrect
The high beam is the halogen and is only there for inspection purposes, not meant for driving with

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Maybe your kit but all of mine I have to switch pins so hid is my low beam. That's 6 kits and dozens of others I've seen

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could any of you guys please go out and look at your cars or tak a picture of it. Those tabs used to line it up aren't any go to me because they are broken and the built is held in by the larger black cup like assembly. Just simply look at it and describe where they are positioned if you could.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Left the halogen is on the outside and passenger halogen is on outside aswell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I'm screwed again. After an hour of trying to free the headlamp with our damaging the bumper paint, I have the halogen on the outside of the passenger and on the inside on th driver side. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Np. I honestly can't see it making much difference

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Headlight aims the light not the bulb

·
Registered
675 Posts
x2^^

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
And for the record.. as KeiserX13 said HID is low and the tiny halogen is high but for inspection only. Reason why some kits are reversed is because its wired for 9004 apps.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Why would a 9007 kit be wired for 9004?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ok, so Imo I would install with halogen bulb on top. Since you have A 9007 hi/low kit. Are the retainer clips still there? Like the other post said it should only go in one way. 2prongs on bottom 1 on top. Ill pull my stock light and post a pic for you tmr. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If they are designed to go in just way way because of these tabs then how does the other person in this post have theirs lined up where the halogen and HID are side by side each other?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.