Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is possible to convert halo headlights to HID, but I'm clueless as to how to do it. I know it takes a HID kit but I don't have any idea as to what kind of kit I need. Help please!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I think you may be referring to a retrofit. It is the best thing to do. I don't know how though. I know a few people on here have done it. I'm sure they'll chime in here to help you out.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I have a kit that I got from HIDwerks but now that he's no longer a vender I don't know where you'd get it besides a general HID kit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What gen projectors do you have?

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

You can find kits any were, there's not only one guy in the world that makes em...
I honestly don't know what gen they are. How do I find out?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They're still a vendor.
I bought mine from there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe they are 1st gen. They are spec-d tuning headlights.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anybody tell me if these headlights are compatible with a HID kit and if so what size of bulbs I need to be buying?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
do you mean the projector bulb to HID (instead of halogen) or changing out your Halos for brighter ones?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
if this is the one you have, they use H1 bulbs, so you would need to order a H1 bulb with your HID kit. those headlights use H1 on both low and high beam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.