Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i searched the forum for many days and had trouble finding info on HID bulbs. I had halo projectors on my civic, and decided that with my new 'balt, i'm gonna just go for the stock housing HID look. I am gonna get some 8000k hi/lo beam bulbs (for night and day driving i guess right?) but what are the proper bulb sizes and/or kit for the stock housings? i only saw one post relating to this and one ebay link but i want to be sure of size and the right type of kit to buy before i buy it. Thanks for your help guys!!

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't own one, but I've read they are plug and play. I would go with the first one listed (DDM) or the Raptor myself...hi/lo option at 6000k or 8000k in 9007, but that's just me.

Even the Prolumen kit is only $149 w/ hi/lo option. Shipping is pretty cheap through them as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the 5000k Hi/Lo kit from DDMtuning just last week and I love them, pretty sure I got the 35watt ones and they are plenty bright.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I got the 5000k Hi/Lo kit from DDMtuning just last week and I love them, pretty sure I got the 35watt ones and they are plenty bright.
nice. What color did the 5000k come out after they got broken in? I know color can vary from different manufacturers. I want a nice white with a baby blue hint.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cool. Ya i think imma go with the raptor kit hi/lo in 8000k(will irritate other drivers less lol and more beautiful color) whan about you guyz? Anyone already have the raptor kit ? hows the install?

Oh and wattage should not have an effect on color temp. You should still get the same color just more light if i am correct.

·
Registered
720 Posts
More lumens with a higher wattage = more light output, but no change in color output.

If I ever get a set of projectors made (I want custom projectors that a few people on CSS make, but they average $400-500 a set), then I'll get some of these lights...I don't like the aftermarket projectors with all the LED's and Halo's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.