Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

My driverside HID works about half the time. I know this is a common problem for some reason but here's what I've done to try and fix this.

I've changed the bulb, and I have it properly grounded, and I've unplugged and replugged all connections numerous times.

One thing I'm hoping someone can shed some light on is that when I regrounded my ground wire, I noticed that there wasn't a spark-like connection like my passenger side. My driverside light wouldn't flicker or anything. So why is it that sometimes it's absolutely fine and sometimes it doesn't work at all? What would cause something like this?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Could be the ballast.
Make sure all the wires are plugged in, and secure.
The ballast could be not getting all the power it needs to turn on.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Take off your passenger ballast and try it on the drivers side, and vice versa and see if it works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I'll give it a try! Just a question, if a ballast is wet does it not always function properly, seems like I get the issues after downpours.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Did it work?
I've never had a problem with my HIDS in the rain..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just changed my ballasts, the one from the driverside works perfectly fine on the passenger. My driverside ballast isn't getting power, it isn't warm like the other one.

Also, opened up the main compartment of my relay harness and one of pink wires is partially discoloured where it connects into the pins. I'm assuming this is what's causing my issues.

Should I just order a new relay harness and try that?

And Jackson, I've removed all paint where my grounds are. I have both sides grounded to either fender bolts.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You could order a new relay harness.
Id try that, and if it doesn't work, it could be something else electrical.
When you turn on your lights, do you hear a loud click?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out my warning canceller was fried. Unplugged it, gave my ballast power again! All good now guys!

But, while I was doing this, I dropped a pin that holds the front grill flush to the engine compartment down into my front bumper.

Is there any possible way I can get underneath my front bumper without removing it? It's making an awful flicking noise when I drive now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.