Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my hid kit came in today and theres this cover that feel off durning installation and the bulb touched my bumper. Now it won't even work. What i see on the bulb, if you really look carefully, there is a small scratch on it and in the middle circle, ballish part, theres a yellowish, whiteish, moisture on it. Does this mean the bulb is out? please help me, i was excited to get these hids and this happens :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Like everyone else says, you need a new bulb.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i found out that the lil yellowish/whiteish part is normal cause its gas filled and i didnt know that and you cant really see the scratches. But imma go and try using the other one. Passager side is workin fine but imma switch that to the driver side and put the "problem" on the passager side and see what goes down. I got a pic but you cant really see it.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

How hard did the bulb touch the bumper? We talking 4Gs here or like you set it down?

the cover that was on it fell off and hit the bumper, like a very very light flick to your hand or something lol

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
They're pretty delicate, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I broke the 'high beam" part of one of my hi/low bulbs just by touching it against the headlight housing as I put it into the hole. They can be very delicate, yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.