Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just bought some brand new halo headlights for $85 and now I found a guy selling a brand new DDM hid kit for $50 it's 5000k pure white with a 9500 bulb size
This is my first time getting an hid kit and installing headlights never done it and I'm wondering if that hid kit would work?

·
Registered
91 Posts
You need to look at the head lights, see what size bulb they use.
Most head lights for our cars take 9007, then the projectors usually use h1s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay so I just bought some brand new halo headlights for $85 and now I found a guy selling a brand new DDM hid kit for $50 it's 5000k pure white with a 9500 bulb size
This is my first time getting an hid kit and installing headlights never done it and I'm wondering if that hid kit would work?
If you never had HID stuff, I would stay away. I just bought 5 sets of HID for all my cars and friends car too. ($40 ~ $90 from China)
but we are getting a lot of trouble to installing and getting warranty.

Of course, you should buy stuff from America. but most of them are Made in China anyway. :)

3 HID out of 5, we are having troubles.

But if you still want it, try to get a Relay controlled, CanBus, AC ballast, and so on.
Relay control system will save your car head light control module.

With my experience, I will get a Sylvania Ultra light halogen light bulbs now on.
I will not buy the HID no more.

'cause, as soon as I got my 9007 HID, all the opposite cars blinking their high beam at me. so I made lowest setting but still they don't like it.
So I cut out the aluminium can to cover the bottom part of the HID bulb and I got the best result. but I'm done with HID.
and Left side Ballast and Bulb is burnt out in one month. so now I have to
wait another month for replacement to come and had to pay the extra shipping charges too. :notrust:

Sorry to disappointed you.

Joe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you never had HID stuff, I would stay away. I just bought 5 sets of HID for all my cars and friends car too. ($40 ~ $90 from China)
but we are getting a lot of trouble to installing and getting warranty.

Of course, you should buy stuff from America. but most of them are Made in China anyway. :)

3 HID out of 5, we are having troubles.

But if you still want it, try to get a Relay controlled, CanBus, AC ballast, and so on.
Relay control system will save your car head light control module.

With my experience, I will get a Sylvania Ultra light halogen light bulbs now on.
I will not buy the HID no more.

'cause, as soon as I got my 9007 HID, all the opposite cars blinking their high beam at me. so I made lowest setting but still they don't like it.
So I cut out the aluminium can to cover the bottom part of the HID bulb and I got the best result. but I'm done with HID.
and Left side Ballast and Bulb is burnt out in one month. so now I have to
wait another month for replacement to come and had to pay the extra shipping charges too. :notrust:

Sorry to disappointed you.

Joe.
Alright thanks but also I notice my headlights come with led already I'm them so I'm not sure if I can remove them I just got them today but I don't have the hid kit but I might stay away from them and also it looks hard to install my headlights lol is there any type of how to videos?

Sorry I'm a blog at this I'm trying to learn bout cars lol

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Ohhhh boy, we'll George we need pictures of the headlights to see how to install, most of em are plug and play. The leds & ccfl halos can be soldered to the drl lights. As for hids it all depends on how you set the bar you by cheap hids and get shit results, you buy decent quality hids you get good results iv had my headlights in for a year and few months with 6k hids never had a problem with em yet. Yea you get the occasional dick head that thinks your driving with high beams but I pay it no mind...hids for our headlights are h1's and stock bulbs are 9007. And make your you get a decent relay for the hids.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhhh boy, we'll George we need pictures of the headlights to see how to install, most of em are plug and play. The leds & ccfl halos can be soldered to the drl lights. As for hids it all depends on how you set the bar you by cheap hids and get shit results, you buy decent quality hids you get good results iv had my headlights in for a year and few months with 6k hids never had a problem with em yet. Yea you get the occasional dick head that thinks your driving with high beams but I pay it no mind...hids for our headlights are h1's and stock bulbs are 9007. And make your you get a decent relay for the hids.
I wanna get hid from ddm I heard there real good kits
And I don't know how to post pictures lol
But these headlights look very difficult to install Cus seems like there's more wires but I'll post pictures

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Scr3amz
The lights on your car from your soggy are the exact same halo lights I have

·
Registered
922 Posts
Those are the Gen 1 Halo Projectors... the take a H1 bulb for both high beam and low beam. I Have a HID kit, I bought if from HIDwerks a little over a year ago and never used it. I'll have grab it out of my garage, but I also have H1 6000k bulbs to go with it. I also might have the realy harness to go with the HID kit. I have the same head lights, I had to wire my LEDs and Halos to the DRLs. Next time I think I might wire then to some kinda switch.

I just checked, I no longer have the matching set of ballasts I might have given them to a friend, LOL I do have a mismatched set though(I wouldn't sell them I would just include them with the harnesses and the bulbs if you wanted them). I do have the H1 HID bulbs. 8000k and 6000k. I have a relay harness as well and I also have what I was told are anti-flicker harnesses. I bought the anti-flicker harnesses but I did not use them with my set up. If you want any of this PM me and let me know I'll get you a pretty good deal on what I have.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you buy hids don't go any higher then 6k unless you don't wanna see in rain
I have 5000k in the car currently, I got the 6000k just in case one of the 5000K bulbs went. The 8000k came with a used set-up I bought.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it a h1 bulb size?
Doesn't say

Just says....

Up for sale is a brand new set of DDM tuning HID lights with ballasts. These use phillips bulbs which is critical for longevity. They are brand new! 9005 bulb size

5000k pure white, optimum lighting, most illuminance generated at this illuminane.

I am asking 50$

Please call or text or email

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Those plastic ballast are cheap as hell (from what i hear). Your bulb size should he H1 if its the same lights as Scr3amz, let him confirm though.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
but he stated that its a 9005 size

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you have the same head lights in the picture in scr3amz's sig you need an HID kit with H1 bulbs. Forget about the anyother size bulbs like 9005 or 9007, they will not fit.

YOU NEED AN H1 KIT!!!!

Check here:
The Retrofit Source | Innovative Headlight Upgrades

or here:
HIDWerks.com - H1 HID Kits

There are many more options to you on other sites, but make sure it's an H1 kit. Remember if you buy a cheap kit twice its probably going to cost more then buying a good kit once. Also it will suck to have to keep taking the headlights out to fix the issues you'll get from a cheap kit. If you absolutely have to have the DDM kit go to the DDM tuning website and order them, they are cheap, buy who knows maybe you'll have good luck with them. It looks like they have a lifetime warranty on certain parts, you should contact them and find out what the warranty covers. Pretty sure it will not cover bulbs, but it should cover the ballasts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.