Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres my predicament. im about to get my headlight tinted but i also want HID lights. i found some on ebay for like 10 bucks but i dont know if they will be good quality cause i dont want to put crap on the car.these are wat they look like in the box.

any thoughts wat i should do. or maybe even any ideas where else to look for good but cheaper lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HID headlights

The picture shows cheap Halogen bulbs tinted blue. Those are not HID's. True HID's will cost $100 to $300 and will require ballast. The higher quality HID's will be a lower number (temperature). Google HID headlights and you will find all sorts of information.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah those aren't good and aren't hids and honestly aren't even worth the money

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah bro..... you might as well take your stock Halogen bulbs and paint them BLUE..... will probably get the same RESULT =)... but if I were you, I would just save up for some Real HID's

·
Registered
4 Posts
HID upgrades for your Cobalt

Stealth,
I purchased a HID upgrade system fro this place I found on the net. Can't beat their prices of their service. First set I bought were too 'blue' for me. They were the 6000k color. Called Dave and told him what I was looking for. He suggested the 4300k which turned out to be great for my application. HID Kits - Xenon Kit - Car Lights Check them out and think you will be impressed withthe prices.

·
Registered
298 Posts
In the link you posted, it looks like the kits start at 6000. You mentioned you were happier with the 4300. In case someone is interested, is there another kit/part number you ordered? Who is dave? Is the 4300 a special order kit?

(Just trying to make it easier for the next person)

·
Registered
4 Posts
HID lights

At this site they don't seem to show the 4300 color system. Dave is the contact I have talked with via email and phone. He was the person that advised I may want to go with the 4300's rather than the 6000. The install was very easy to do. Took all of 10 minutes do install both sides. BAsically a plug-and-play install. I had new HID headlites for less than $200.oo. Dave is also very good about returning your emails or phone call to help you decide which system you may go go with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.