Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
When you are on level ground, the lower section (left side) should drop 2 inches when you are 25 feet away from a wall (DOT spec), and the steps for both projectors should be pointed straight forward.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you are on level ground, the lower section (left side) should drop 2 inches when you are 25 feet away from a wall (DOT spec), and the steps for both projectors should be pointed straight forward.

I seen a video of get as close to the wall and measure height and the distance between both headlight and make a cross on the wall of the measurements and center the beams there then pull back 25 feet and drop the lights 2 in's down

·
Registered
149 Posts
That would work, so long as when you lower the beams, measure from the lower step, not the upper step.

·
Registered
149 Posts
See the lower section on the left?

That part needs to come down 2 inches when you back up to the 25 feet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, it needs to be 2 in lower than the center of the projector on the car.

ex. If your projectors are 2' 5" from the ground on the car, the lower section on the wall at 25' should be at 2' 3".

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
So, I'm not crazy that my HIDs make a step on the ground? Regular head lights do not do this from my recolection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What were you having problems with?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Since you have the gen 1 projectors I am going to assume you got tierd of taking the headlight out of the housing to make small adjustments?!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
gen 4 ftmfw!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Since you have the gen 1 projectors I am going to assume you got tierd of taking the headlight out of the housing to make small adjustments?!
Ahh, did not know that about those.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.