Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying some halo headlights but they told me my stock HID kit wont fit on the projectors...is it possible that i can change my 9007 bulb on my HIDs and replace it with the H1 or what ever bulb? Or would i need to change the entire HID kit?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Nope you can use the same kit, just order new bulbs and you're good to go. But check for retrofits first if you have any skill you can do em yourself: theretrofitsource.com
They will look and perform a million times better than the eBay ones. Good luck waterer choice you make!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i buy the bulbs from any company or do they have to be the same company as the ballasts?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
can i buy the bulbs from any company or do they have to be the same company as the ballasts?
They usually work from different companies, but I would definitely suggest buying from the same company as the ballasts because the kit's components are designed to work specifically with each other, and other kits may have slight differences which may cause the bulbs to underperform or burn out faster. But generally it's safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.