Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,
Iv'e got some pics of a lil' gem hiding in the weeds.

Started cutting down little trees to get at it.

Shot of rear of car ..love those taillights

Tomorrow I will get a picture of it from front with the trees cleared out.
It is a 1964 Impala SS...heres the kicker..numbers matching 6 cyl , 3 on the tree (no pun intended) . I will be pulling it out and get it on the rollback this weekend...I think. I'm getting slammed at the shop. Had to do tree cutting before and after work. Then I mowed lawn in the dark. TY John Deere for putting lights on your mowers..LOLOL :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But wouldn't the SS have a 283ci?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I knew it was a old impala as soon as I saw the second picture! Nice looking stuff there, I'm sure you will bring it back to life looking great. How the hell do you find these things anyways. Your like a scavenger haha

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tow truck brings me luck..and cars. I checked the numbers on the car. SS 6cyl swear to goodness. I 've seen a couple of chevelles like that. SS was a cosmetic option ( buckets, console, ext trim chrome) engines were a seperate option as I understand it. This car even has a radio delete panel. someone didnt want their kid to have any fun!! Guy says he has chrome trim in the attic of the garage .

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Does the serial number start with 41347?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Does the serial number start with 41347?
you mean the vin# coby?

I got this from a chevy web site .

Re: 1964 Impala SS six cyl... how rare?
12-14-04 05:07 AM - Post#571452
In response to dj short dog

Is a 6cyl '64 SS convertible rare? Well, here are the production numbers.

Luckily, in '64 the SS became a separate model, and that's how my production figures are broken down.

Model:
1347 (6cyl SS Spt Cpe): 2,855
1447 (V8 SS Spt Cpe): 153,141
1367 (6cyl SS conv): 419
1467 (V8 SS conv); 27,634

So, your friend's car is one of 419! That's less than '61 Super Sport production! If you figure a survival rate of about 5%, that means it's one of maybe 20 in existance today.

Verne (end of qoate)

So it looks like 2855 were built

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes I meant VIN.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

1964 6cyl SS 2dr Sport Coupe it is then. Nice find.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
list price was 2600.00 us annual plate fee was 16.00 us
it was the 288,446 th one made in wisconson, it didnt travel too far. Only about 3 hours or less from here in Iowa to janesville ws

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What are the last six digits?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's pretty rusty but I will know more when I go to pull it out...pics for sure for you guys on this one.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

what are the last six digits?
I wonder how many SS 6cyl impala cars are left out there

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1958-1965 Chevrolet full size production numbers

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

It's pretty rusty but I will know more when I go to pull it out...pics for sure for you guys on this one.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I wonder how many SS 6cyl impala cars are left out there
Maybe 100 if you take the 5% survival rate.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Great find man. Bring it to life. Wish I had the know how for a project like that.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Let me know if you come upon a mid sixties Austin Sprite fixer upper...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They look like an MG or Triumph Spitfire

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Rare are the ones in good shape. Because they were ragtops floors in most of them are rotted out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh ya .. I know what your talking about now. Itty bitty car 2 door with bug eye headlights.. Those are neat . Do they have wood floors like the older mg's?

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

oh man.. its after midnight here..I gotta go. Have a good one all .cya

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.