Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my Hids in from christmas, next mod is grille, anyone ess have this colour of car?

[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

better pic of colour

[/IMG]

·
Registered
151 Posts
what temp hids are those?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You must mean 8000°K but they don't look blue. 8000°K you should be in the blues close to purple.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They definitely look bright. I like them.. nice bright white color

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah 8000k, there sick, know anyone with this colour of a car through? looking for car mod ideas

·
Registered
985 Posts
why's the color matter? you can color match paint if you need to, but theres a ton of mods you can do that have nothing to do with the color

·
Registered
302 Posts
You must mean 8000°K but they don't look blue. 8000°K you should be in the blues close to purple.
not to hate on you,

but When are people going to understand that colors like blue/purple in forums of HID/LED do NOT photograph correctly unless you have a very good camera.

Ive seen hundreds of photos of 55w 4300k kits that look like 12,000k hids in the pictures. its just the way the color photographs.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I know I was just hoping he would describe the colour temperature since his picture didn't seem to depict what he was saying.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
buyhids.com is a good place just dont buy japanese knock off crap, you will be pulling your bumper off a lot if you do!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Depends on what color you want. I got 6k in right now and have 8k for back up. I think 6k is more white and kind to fellow drivers and 8k is more blue (i'm not much of a fan of blue headlights). There are a couple good youtube videos showing the difference between all of them. Buyhids can custom fit your current lights or you can get the awesome gen 2's they retro fit. I have gen 4 they installed HIDs on and they work great.
PS make sure you are sure of your selection before changing because removing the bumper and wheel wells because it sucks!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
With the stock housing...bright enough to blind the sh!t out of anyone unlucky enough to be coming the other way. :unsure:
Thats why I got the projectors. There was a snow storm last week and I didn't get that hyper drive star wars feeling, I'm in love with these things.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I agree with Blackbalts:
Your eyes see best at around 5300°K, so anything higher might look good but you are wasting energy for the birds. I'm also guilty of this because I like my lights at around 6500°K - 7000°K even if I know the intensity is lower for the same amount of wattage output. I just find sign letters and deer tails show-up better with higher °K lighting. I'm going to try and get 5500 next time when my GP Thunder die.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.