Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by a local shop today just to check to see how much their HIDs were before i bought online. When i talked to the guy he told me that if i put HIDs in my projector headlights that it would cause the housing to melt from the heat. He said that it needs the aluminum shielding that the stockers have to keep from melting. He then told me that if i put HIDs in there it would melt and no longer work at the latest of 6 months.

Is he full of shit or is this true? Anyone had problems like this?

lol he then said if i wanted them in my fogs he would charge $120 and i said that was ****ing rediculous and left

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not sure if he is a vendor on here but check out buyHIDs.com those guys are very cool people and very easy people to talk to. They have helped me out a lot with any questions I've had with HIDs and they are honest people.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah the whole point of projectors is to keep the HID light out of peoples eyes when you have your lows on, people say not to get HIDs unless you have projectors so def no probs installing them in yours. Also a local custom car place near me was running 120 for a single set of HIDs, i got two sets from mkulrey for that much :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.