Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hid's in Stock Housing who has done it?

I seen there was a thread awhile ago on this subject , but it is now closed and didn't ask my question. Who has done it? I have asked on a Hid forum about it and they said stay away from Ebay projectors their useless your better off just running them in your stock housing as your Cobalt is a modern car and shouldn't glare/blind too much.

Because I don't want to retrofit, so who on the forum is running Hid's in their stock housings, and do you have a beam shot?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i did it so the signs glow...and cause they're blue. and cause i like rice. looks good to me, sorry i don't like the look of those stupid looking projectors. it's not a cadillac. it's like the honda civic of gm. no need to get fancy besides wheels.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have 35 watt 8000k HIDs in my black painted stock housing, i have a picture of the lights but ill have to get a beam shot later tonight when i get off work

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yayy Let's put hids in stock housing's so we can blind people coming down the road and get some attention from our superDuper cool bright light's YAYYYY.. HID's in projectors look so much better and don't blind the **** out of people when driving.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yayy Let's put hids in stock housing's so we can blind people coming down the road and get some attention from our superDuper cool bright light's YAYYYY.. HID's in projectors look so much better and don't blind the **** out of people when driving.
There not that bad man, Never been flashed once but I have mine aimed low.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since it's so bad to have HIDs, can you buy me the $400 projectors and make me a retrofit? (not ebay ones either, they are garbage)

There not that bad man, Never been flashed once but I have mine aimed low.
I agree I have never been flashed for my HIDs either. Most people get the 8k 55w HID kits and dont aim them down at all, I did the 6k 35w and aimed down low.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah i only got asked to lower mine once from a cop, and that was right after i put them in and during while i was test driving it to check whether they were too high.... imagine that. Haha. but dont mind boostedecotec, he just gets excited, he's harmless

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
projectors are just a gimmick to get idiots like you to spend extra money on barely functional shit. every post you whine about how someone's not doing it right. your car is just a boring bolt on build like every consumer on css.net. and you're the kind of idiot that pays people like me to do shit for you. all that comes out of your mouth (or keyboard) is recycled information, which most of it is just a marketing mantra used by the vendors that are literally breaking your cars to pieces with their super under-engineered garage built parts. take some initiative to learn for yourself before you go running your mouth. projectors are rice, and myself having the ricyest car on the internet, feel bad that i can even say that and get away with it. they are over rated and over done, and every time i look into them i get blinded. ****. you suck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Put them in your stock headlight! If you adjust it right you will be good!!! Im the only one in my friend circle who isnt running them!! Soon soon!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.