Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, apologies if this has been covered before somewhere. I couldn't find anything about it.

Here's the run down:

2008 Cobalt LS

Problem Summary: The high brake light will not work consistently. If I have someone press the brake, I can get the lights to function while pressing them in, but once I let go they shut off.

Details/Troubleshooting: I recently obtained this car and when I got it, all three bulbs were burned out or missing. Went to AutoZone to get new ones. I got Sylvania 912s as recommended by their website. The old ones had no markings on them, so I can only assume that AutoZone is selling the correct ones. They appear to at least be close in physical appearance. Once I tried them and they did not work without persuasion, I hit up the local junk yard and grabbed a replacement socket to rule that out, still the same issue. Checked Voltage at the connector and that checked out as well

Anyone else run into this? Other ideas that I might try? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You might try pulling the wires away from the glass on the bulbs. Maybe the glass part is different and you can't push them fab enough.

And according to my book they should be 921LL ( ''LL'' stands for long life )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.