Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No CEL for a week!!!!!
It appears the 90 degree sensor adaptor is the answer. I have a Vibrant high flow cat D/P. I am no longer getting either of the CEL's for 'Cat below efficiency' or 'Insufficient activity'.

I installed the Touge Factory O2 sensor and cleared the CEL. It has been 8 days and it has not thrown another CEL. The last one (Insufficient activity) kept coming back one day after clearing it.

So far..... this is working. The Touge sensor was delivered in less than a week. It was a ten minute install. Cost: $26.00 including shipping.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What size Vibrant D/P did you get for your 2.2 ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Company: TougeFactory.com
"Touge Factory O2 sensor" It is a 90 degree pipe that has a nut that allows you to position the pipe how you want it. I actually bought mine off ebay. (a great tip from RED, Thank you) I looked on the Touge Factory site and could not find them. I did find a couple of plugs from Vibrant, but not the 90 degree pipe. Maybe you have to contact them about it. I am not sure, as I said I bought mine through ebay.

The Vibrant D/P I have is 2.5" I bought it through CA. Although, the pipe did have to be modified to fit my car. The stock D/P on my LT was almost 37". The pipe from CA was 34 1/4 ".

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to let everyone know, it has been two weeks without a CEL on the CAT issue. If you are throwing a CEL because of your DP, you may want to look into this solution. (Tougefactor.com)

btw, I like the performance increase I received by replacing the stock DP!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sounds like you may have found the solution.

The LSJ DP/Cat is another solution for the manual tranny equiped 2.2s and 2.4s. Automatic equipped Cobalts have to rework the LSJ DP to get it to fit -- and I'd bet most aftermarket DPs will be the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the Vibrant DP that I bought from CA had to have a slightly different bend. CA did the bend. Also, I had to have the DP extended by almost 3 inches to fit. The fit was done by Arkansas Performance Exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.