Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If for no other reason, high gas prices really can make you appreciate a fuel effecient car. I'm getting 38 mpg now that the weather's warming up. Could be better I suppose but it aint bad. :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I wish I got american gas prices

·
Registered
199 Posts
1.45 here for unleaded 87...which is 5.30 american....kinda ridiculous..good thing i live close to the states

·
Registered
924 Posts
I know the recent gas price rise is starting to annoy.

It is about $3.69 here now, it was down to about $2.20 here last year.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If I ride mine all the way down to fumes it takes 11.25 gallons which is just a hare under $45.
Thing is with hypermiling that tank of gas will last me 600+ miles.
Fumes is when you squeeze in 12.8 gallons and wonder how the car was still running :) I don't do it often but last week... that was cutting it close.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
on an empty light cost to fill up my car is 80 bucks here in canada.. used to be 60

I just filled up at the local petro-can and only took $60 with the gauge reading low fuel. Do we have a light other than the low fuel message?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
As an update, Canada has stopped taking your first born child because fuel prices have dropped to $1.32 a liter

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So we are down to just an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
985 Posts
As an update, Canada has stopped taking your first born child because fuel prices have dropped to $1.32 a liter
Its sad when $1.30ish seems like a good price. Any time I go across the border I pay about $0.75/liter, it doesn't make any sense to me!! We're giving them the majority of their gas anyways!
Please Mr. Government Man, explain to me how its almost half the price there after all the import/export fees?!?!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Anything over a dollar a liter is too much, it kills the economy and drains whatever loose cash we might have for leisure. So no hookers for me this month and K/D for lunch and supper for the last two weeks.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
fyi KD is everyday for supper anyway:p

if gas would drop back to around a dollar I dont know if it would help because at least around where I live it just seems people drive more.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, they drive more because they have money to spend and buy appliances and stuff. This produces jobs.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
The price dropped nearly 10 cents a gallon here :) I'm paying 4.61 a gallon now

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i average 10.8 on premium. im paying 4.39 for in NY. :laugh::eek:h::notrust::sad::wacko::mad::evil:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.