Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high pitched squeal when the radio is tuned to AM and the engine is running. If the engine is turned off the squeal is not there. Suggestions?

·
Registered
455 Posts
do you have anything plugged into the cigarette lighter? sometimes when you have things plugged in there it screws with the reception. dont ask me why, it just does lol.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ok ok, i have the same thing. do you have the stock radio or not? and when you rev it does it go with the revs? if so, it's engine noise. only one way to get rid of engine noise and that is to do the Big Three

·
Registered
821 Posts
i dunno what the BIG THREE is, but im seconding the "electrical problem" diagnosis, and saying reground it

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i dunno what the BIG THREE is, but im seconding the "electrical problem" diagnosis, and saying reground it
basically the same. the big three replaces all the main wiring in your car with thicker gauge wiring. its on my to-do list, just dont wanna rip everything apart right now

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
basically the same. the big three replaces all the main wiring in your car with thicker gauge wiring. its on my to-do list, just dont wanna rip everything apart right now
wow, sounds like alot of work...i never listen to am anyways, it's boring :p

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
haha, my sister's s10 xtreme does that... its kinda neat to sit there & rev it, or give it more gas goin down the road & hear the AM freakin out... but, we never ever use the radio, so no biggie...lol

I think AM is easy to get interferrance from anyways, sometimes you can even hear it squealing when you turn the wipers on or hit ur turn signals... theres a traffic light that messes w/ AM around here too... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.