Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
helll yeaaaah- I just need the money. lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. But i dunno i was having a talk with my dad he said i should just trade in for a mustang cause thats what i originally wanted and that i'll never be happy and all the mods i do to the balt is to try to make up for it but it dont help so i should just trade for a stang... but that wont be sc either lol

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
id keep the balt too. i like mustangs, but they generally dont turn out well when modded for style. riced out mustangs ftl. :laugh: id love to have a mustang, but only as a second or third vehicle. if you really want to trade in for power, im sure you get a ss/tc for fairly cheap. with customer loyalty rebates and all. might even get a better trade in too. gl with the decision man.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The only thing i like about mustangs is the exhaust note! gotta love the sound!
Amen to that.

id keep the balt too. i like mustangs, but they generally dont turn out well when modded for style. riced out mustangs ftl. :laugh: id love to have a mustang, but only as a second or third vehicle. if you really want to trade in for power, im sure you get a ss/tc for fairly cheap. with customer loyalty rebates and all. might even get a better trade in too. gl with the decision man.
If I got a stang I wouldn't even really mod it at all. My dad says I mod my cobalt to try to make my self happy because I really wanted a mustang instead, and doing things to my balt is my way of trying to make up for it. But he said no matter what I do to my cobalt it's never going to make me happy. And also it don't help when I got to ride in this beast: YouTube - A ride in my cousin John's Limited Edition Parnelli Jones Saleen Mustang 400HP :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::love:

But also I thought with the way GM is now I might actually get a damn ass good deal on a trade in for my balt. I heard on the radio today that my chevy dealer is selling cars so low in price its illegal to announce on the radio. So I dunno I'm gonna go there 1 day and talk to them about it and see what the numbers crunch out to. I garuntee they'll have to order one though they NEVER have turbalts there. They iz teh failz.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
yeah i could see how that would make you want a mustang! :nuts: i think mustangs are best left alone visually as well. ive seen to many with body kits, giant snowflake wheels, euro lights, and funky hoods. modding under the hood, thats a different story.:bigsmile: gl man.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah you can get a good deal on a new car from GM, but dont expect them to give you even half of wht you want for your car. They are rapeing people on trade-ins. Sell it to someone not a dealer. Chevy dealer by be said the most they can give anyone for a trade in is 4000 regardless of the car or shape of the car. lol so i asked him if i wanted to trade my z06 vette in i couldnt get 4001$ and he told me no.

BTW i dont have a vette lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But blue book rates me at 12k? Mustangs looks good enough not to mod visually. I think the only mod I'd prob do is get the hurst shifter like on the gt500.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol KBB is rating vehicles bsed on a normal economy, not on this shit ass economy. You will not get 12k for that. theres no way.

Theres a 2006 cobalt SS/SC at a dealership by me for 12,500 with 30k miles on it. Its been there forever. fully loaded too. KBB ratesthem at like 14k.

and you say KBB rates your car at 12, make sure thats trade in value and not private party value.
But like check this out http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157727

SS/TC basiclly brand new, fully loaded navigation indash sound system and everything for 16k, and for 2 months he couldnt sell the thing. Thats only 4k more then your car.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only a year and 1 month and a half old car with 4800 miles on it wouldn't get 12k? :(

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:wondering::eek:h::sad::suspicious::notrust::mad: :evil:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you do get a Mustang you WILL do the same thing...start modding it. Regardless of the type/make car you get you've been indoctrinated into the world of cars now (by what you have done and the fact that you're on a car forum) so you will do the same thing to the next car you get. You will see something in a magazine, on-line, or in a car at a show and you'll end up buying one or making one!!! Addiction...LoL

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If you do get a Mustang you WILL do the same thing...start modding it. Regardless of the type/make car you get you've been indoctrinated into the world of cars now (by what you have done and the fact that you're on a car forum) so you will do the same thing to the next car you get. You will see something in a magazine, on-line, or in a car at a show and you'll end up buying one or making one!!! Addiction...LoL
Amen to that! Plus there is a lot of cool mod to do to the newer mustangs! Wow did i really just say that?:blink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.