Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just mainly want a deep sounding exhaust that doesnt sound all ricy!

HKS and Magnaflow are the best i could find so far... any suggestions

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
also

id prefer a catback to just the muffler...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There are a number of exhausts available out there.

Most of them sound decent -- throaty and not "ricey" (although that is a terrible description) .

Prices range from $300-$800 for the cat-back exhausts so I'm sure price will be a factor too.

Just have to check out all the Cobalt vendors...and pick one in your price range.

I've used both GMPP versions and they are both good. Magnaflow is the least costliest and sounds good -- and you can get them in 2.5" or 3".

One point to consider is that ALL of them make considerably more noise than stock at highway speeds. I have an LSJ DP and Random Tech 2 3/4" cat back and I hate it at 70+ MPH. Fortunately 90% of my driving is around 45MPH (in town) and it sounds good at the slower speeds. If I drove it more on the interstate I would not have it on now!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a custom 2.25 pipe from the cat-back with a Magnaflow muffler (from Advance Auto Parts) with a 3" tip from the local muffler shop. It all added up to be $210 with tax and everything. Had the local muffler shop do it. It has a deep tone and isn't Uncle Ben's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a custom 2.25 pipe from the cat-back with a Magnaflow muffler (from Advance Auto Parts) with a 3" tip from the local muffler shop. It all added up to be $210 with tax and everything. Had the local muffler shop do it. It has a deep tone and isn't Uncle Ben's.

haha thanks good description

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.