Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a week ago i traded in my 05 sedan for an 08 coupe....well i was getting about 23-24 miles to the gallon and in my new car well i barely get 20. i don't know if i should call them up and tell them or what?

·
Registered
265 Posts
ok so a week ago i traded in my 05 sedan for an 08 coupe....well i was getting about 23-24 miles to the gallon and in my new car well i barely get 20. i don't know if i should call them up and tell them or what?
Auto/Standard? City/Highway?

To get accurate readings it's best to reset everying now and again to try getting the average of each trip you take... Resetting everytime you turn the car on will also help you grasp a better understanding of how your econmy fluctuates depending on speed, AC usage, as well as terrain and weather. That's what I do to keep myself up-to-date on how I'm driving...

If it doesn't help any... Deffinately take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry...its an auto and a mix but mostly in the city. i also keep it between 2 and 3 rpm. the dealer said if i kept it in between that i should get atleast 24.

·
Banned
384 Posts
ummm you should get more than 24. unless something went horribly wrong with the 08s. i was getting 27 stock in my 06. with intake and exhaust im around 29.

these mpg are about 90/10 city/hwy also. you might wanna take it to the dealer and have them look. there are so many things that can be a factor in your gas mileage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my boyfriend said it was because of the leather, etc...that they made the car heavier so it wouldnt get to great gas mileage but i dont think it really could be right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i should take it back and have them look at it? like it was used it had 12,000 miles on it when i bought it and had the warrenty so will the warrenty cover it? or should i just change the air filter?

·
Registered
594 Posts
usually if its a used vehicle,dealers can give 2 shits if the filter is changed or not.When I changed the spark plugs with bosch spark plugs and fuel filter,it made a difference in my gas mileage.You might need a different fuel filter or try grabbing that fuel system cleaner that you put into your gas tank that usually helps out.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Ya it could be your fuel filter for sure. also your oil. running dirty oil will lower MPGs. if you bought it used, the 1st owner may not have changed oil for awhile. just throwing out some ideas.

·
Registered
594 Posts
thats usually the case of a person selling a car,they don't want to take the responsibility of the car so they decide they will trade it in for something else

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the oil meter said it had 100% oil life when i bought it but ya i'll def try to do the fuel filter cleaner thing thanks!

·
Banned
384 Posts
ya but you can reset that with the touch of a button.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Certainly go ahead and change your filter. Also try the fiel filter/injector cleaner. But all these things shouldn't be causing that much of a drop in economy. The only time I get less than 30mpg is when I'm running the air-conditioner, when I do run the AC I get exactly 24mpg... Try that to... Like I said though, if none of this is the problem, your dealer has some work to do on something...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i wouldnt go by the average mpg the car says. Reset it once you start driving to get the at the moment mpg, or do it the old fasion way, see how many miles you get every time you fill your tank. but remember if you leave the car on i park, its stillcalculating mpg, so your not going anywhere the mpg drops fast.

Also remember the nicer weather is here, idn how you drive but if you hav the ac blasting its going to effect your mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.