Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the drama. ;)

I'm trying to paint the interior panels (the front dash ones that come off, with some difficulty)...and would like them pure black, but I don't like how it's coming out. I've bought the spray paint that adheres to plastic and it's just not working out the way I like.

Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of paint...or perhaps a procedure to do it correctly?

·
Registered
610 Posts
even though you got paint that you can directly apply to plastics, it helps a little to sand it just a tad. trust me i've done my interior 3 times lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
to paint the interior any specific brand reccomended.
krylon fusion for plastics, but autozone has body matching spray paint. you might need to primer your trim first if you use those. i didnt prime mine and it came out great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paint

Ahhh...that may be my problem then. I've got two pieces done just to see how they turn out, and they should be dry tomorrow by then time I get home from work. Fortunately I'm using the Krylon brand so I've got that covered.

Ooh....another on-topic question: has anyone ever painted their hubcaps? I've got the stock hubs and am thinking of throwing black on them. Not sure if that paint will last long term though considering the placement.

Will let you know if it turned out okay - and ask for help I still have trouble!

even though you got paint that you can directly apply to plastics, it helps a little to sand it just a tad. trust me i've done my interior 3 times lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ooh....another on-topic question: has anyone ever painted their hubcaps? I've got the stock hubs and am thinking of throwing black on them. Not sure if that paint will last long term though considering the placement.
I tried it once with my old car on some extra hubcaps. Did NOT work well at all. And yes, I used the Krylon all-weather paint.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I tried it once with my old car on some extra hubcaps. Did NOT work well at all. And yes, I used the Krylon all-weather paint.
i know a few people on here that have done it and they came out fine. did you sand it first and then hit it with a clear coat after you painted it?

DONT FORGET THE CLEAR COAT!!! i cant stress how important that is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I took my hubcaps off and just painted the rims. I am not much for hubcaps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rims?

Hmmm...not a bad idea to take off the hubcaps. I'll take one off and give it some thought.

As for the clearcoat...any specific kind recommended?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hmmm...not a bad idea to take off the hubcaps. I'll take one off and give it some thought.

As for the clearcoat...any specific kind recommended?
not really. just dont get the double spray stuff or whatever its called. idk the name of it, but you'll know what im talking about when you see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.