Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I got married in June of 2012 and were headed to San Diego, California from Green Bay, WI. Somewhere in Iowa the Cobalt ticked over 100,000 miles. I'm thinking this trip is going great. 11 hours in and we were just 10 miles north of Kansas City, MO. Light rain, mild fog and doing 70 mph down I-35. Last idea to cross my mind is DEER! I eased on the brakes until it hit and then they locked up. Sad to say the hit woke up my wife up in the passenger seat. I have to say myself upon the first glimpse after I got out to look. The Chevy Cobalt is the best, in my experience, to have a deer/car accident in. (Viewer discretion advised)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
oh man, that sucks. Deer looks like its just hanging out after a hard night of partying

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Go home deer you are drunk.

Seriously that's crazy though

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only damage done to the car were the hood, bumper cover, radiator, cooling fan, drivers side headlight, and the cross brace in front of the engine. For a grand total of $4000 before insurance.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
That deer is awesome. So glad you got a pic of that. Its my new wallpaper
Why did I laugh so much at what you said haha! I'm gullible enough to reall think it is your wallapaper.. :p

To the threadstarter, I hope all is okay! What a terrible way to start off the honeymoon! Hope the balt gets back up and running!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wha? How? That's some crazy s*** for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Mmmm...... That fills a freezer pretty quick. Deer gumbo.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My only question is why you would drive to Cali from GB?! lol, glad you are all ok. Did you make it to Cali?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, we were both fine. Had to get a rental car the next day. Car was all finished with new parts 2 weeks later. The balt has now over 118,000 and still running strong. Why such a long road road trip? Best way to enjoy the country. And cause i have a Yellow Cobalt that I'm going to drive until a piston blows through the hood. It's all about the mileage.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, we were both fine. Had to get a rental car the next day. Car was all finished with new parts 2 weeks later. The balt has now over 118,000 and still running strong. Why such a long road road trip? Best way to enjoy the country. And cause i have a Yellow Cobalt that I'm going to drive until a piston blows through the hood. It's all about the mileage.
This can easily be attained by running it on little to no oil! Oh, you mean blow a piston from excessive use. Well, if you ever need to blow a piston out, now you now how!!:toung:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
How did that deer manage to get behind the bumper like that...... hitting deer is never fun, lost my first car to a deer and this was before i ever got to drive it.. I take that back, hitting deer is lots of fun, at least in my truck i aim for them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.