Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help from the body shop people. how can i pull this dent or fix it.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
silveradoboy

·
Registered
199 Posts
how did that happen that doesn't look good! and just take it to the body shop they should be able to pound that out

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did that happen that doesn't look good! and just take it to the body shop they should be able to pound that out
a dumb move on my part..... i forgot to pump the brakes after replacing them. and just put it in drive and the car didnt stop till it hit the truck tailgate. i just had a spaced out moment.

silveradoboy

·
Registered
199 Posts
a dumb move on my part..... i forgot to pump the brakes after replacing them. and just put it in drive and the car didnt stop till it hit the truck tailgate. i just had a spaced out moment.

silveradoboy
it happens to all of us, only human, be glad u weren't at highway speeds and that happened! but yes around 200 dollars to do at a body shop unless you look at a junkyard and try to find a cobalt thats the same colour cobalt thats been rear ended and has a good hood, and just replace it cheaper then getting the one fixed u have possibly

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would just get it repaired and repainted, as long as your car has not sit in the sun all day for several years, you should get a color match pretty easily, any body shop can make that look new again, plus, any other scratches on there will be wiped out also.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Costly brain fart. Anyway a good shop will pull that out like new for sure don't know if 200$ will cover it though.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
if it's creased, most paintless places can't do it, it's going to need streightened and filled

I think it's time for a Carbon Fiber hood... :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
U 913l

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, not sure what the U stands for anymore. It use to stand for Urethane but urethane is not use anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Unless it was still used in 2007 maybe.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Here is the RPO list for the other codes on your sticker if your interested to know.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.