Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know which exhaust systems give you what horsepower?
eg. headers: pacesetter, DC, Vibrant
CatBack: Megan, Borla, DC, Magnaflow, GMPP

·
Registered
872 Posts
it really doesnt make any difference, there is no noticeable gain between any of them. which exhaust u get is based on what you plan on doing with the car; that will determine what piping diameter you want and what mufflers/resonators/cats you choose.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
the only thing it does is change the sound of the car, you don't ge performance gains from catbacks...imo that is...you have to do the whole thing...jus sayin

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Factory 2.2L exhaust necks down under 2" for a lot of the way though the exhaust...

You will gain most likely around 8-10 HP by going to just a full 2.5" magnaflow cat-back system. The stock exhaust system is very restrictive. This has been proven almost 5 years ago when the cobalt fir came out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
tsudo. and it does make a difference!!? not huge its more top end. the faster u get exhaust out and faster you get air in the more power u get. ------> wat a turbo does.

tsudo costs pocket change compared to borla sounds good and makes a difference.

thats wat i would go with.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
lol who the hell would shell out borla type cash for a 2.2 cobalt?! jsut get the Tsudo and call it a day, great exhaust system for the price
i got the gmpp.
well worth the money.
:laugh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
i got the gmpp.
well worth the money.
:laugh:
That's what I was thinking about going for but wasn't really sure. Everyone has different opinions but the dealer said that because I work at a shop they will keep the warranty regardless of the fact of aftermarket parts, as long as they're GMPP

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well if you put a magnaflow exhaust or tsudo or anything it isnt going to void your warranty if you go to a chevy dealer for warranty work.
if you go there with a CEL and they tell you its because of your exhaust or mufler from the exhaust or something than that would void your warranty
the part you install has to be the cause of w/e problem you have in order for your warranty to be voided.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I wouldn't mind an exhaust, but only to find a hi-flow muffler with near stock sound not ricey.

·
Registered
418 Posts
im getting the Megan... its like 300 cheaper than magna and the gains will be close to the same i mean its all just pipeing really

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
true. but the megan has a birds nest on the back. i would rather not associate with ricers... ive beat all the ones ive raced by me.
do they sound similar or is there a way u could get a smaller exhaust tip?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.