Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my cobalt for the gas mileage, i was playing with the mpg screen. i reset when i filled up ran a tank then compared, the dash said i got 32 and doing the math at the pump said i got about 30. i know its pritty close i was just curious if anyone else had checked theres and how far off was it

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
It will depend on how you drive. When you are driving if you nail the gas or let up off of it you will notice that the instant mpg monitor takes a few moments to catch up. It's the same with the average mpg monitor for tank to tank results, but to a smaller extent.

If you are always easy on the gas and accelerate/change speeds slowly your average mpg monitor will be +/- less than one mpg.

The accuracy depends on driving style, but yours is about right for normal driving.

·
Registered
931 Posts
It will depend on how you drive. When you are driving if you nail the gas or let up off of it you will notice that the instant mpg monitor takes a few moments to catch up. It's the same with the average mpg monitor for tank to tank results, but to a smaller extent.

If you are always easy on the gas and accelerate/change speeds slowly your average mpg monitor will be +/- less than one mpg.

The accuracy depends on driving style, but yours is about right for normal driving.
hehe this is soo ture.. i can make my car get 10MPG.. if i lay n it real hard all thw way up to the speed limiter...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
At 145mph i get 6.5 mpg. Yours sounds about right.
lmfao thats awesome. They're pretty acurate. nothing like the ones honda sticks in the fit. I love that car but their off by like 15 mpg. I'd say 2 is pretty close lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use the same gas station and pump number whenever possible and always use slow fill and stop at the first click.

Generaly my gas pump math is anywhere from 1.0 mpg lower to 0.5 mpg higher then what my gauge says.

In short, I'd say it's accurate to within 2%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.