• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 1 car payment left and my finish is chiping on my car in some spots plus on that I have a couple of spots that have been hit by rocks and pebbles chipping paint off so im thinking of getting my car painted satin black to match the rims and then im going to put the gloss black strips on top from front to back again and paint drums and calipers gloss black along with the inside trim satin black with two gloss black strips on a trim piece then a black shift knob with black seat covers and black painted engine covers. Then im going to night shade the tail lights and spray gloss on em to match the gloss black strips and then I was wondering about headlight covers? Or is it just tint? Or is there an actual gloss black cover for them like clip on?

Thoughts???

Yes or no?

Cause im going toward the black on black affect...

·
Registered
435 Posts
PlastiDip all the way!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I love the murdered look. Just be prepared to wash your car twice a week or more if you dd it. Shoot, I was my car almost twice a week and it sits in a garage about 23 days out of a month.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yup.. wash twice a week, a good 3-4 hour wax job once a month.
Damn part time job.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol so ok ur paint is gloss how would I have to wash satin paint?

It will still be about maybe 3-4 months maybe September to get it painted

·
Registered
46 Posts
No plastidip its all pure paint my uncle will do it
:confused: What exactly is plastidip? Seen it on here in a few threads now.

Yes, I think the satin and all blacked will look good. :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

...Then im going to night shade the tail lights and spray gloss on em... and then I was wondering about headlight covers? Or is it just tint? Or is there an actual gloss black cover for them like clip on?
:confused:
What is 'night shade' for tail lights and spray gloss?

I wanted to do something similar for my headlights/tail lights. What do most of you guys do? I'm sure it also gets into some legal stuff...

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I wanted to do something similar for my headlights/tail lights. What do most of you guys do? I'm sure it also gets into some legal stuff...
Platidip=type of paint like rubber were u can peel off if u dont like it unlike spray paint..

Night shade is like spray tint in a can.

And it depends on what you like dont be like someone be yourself make your own unique car:)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Do plastidips come in more colours than just black? I often joke about dipping my steelies lol. And smoking your taillights is a great way to attract cops, it just screams ''race me!'' and ''pull me over!'' IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

Plasti dip is usually used for tool handles for better grip. People have been using it on car parts because it washes away easy if you don't like the finish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.