Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I put 6k in mine. They are pretty nice. Anything more than 6k and I feel the color change is too much and it draws too much attention to your car. Key point since they are illegal. :p 8k isn't bad either. I surely wouldn't go over 8k though. After 8k they start to turn purple. 6k = diamond white/blue, 8k = blue, 10k+ = blue/purple. I think once it gets higher into like 30k they start to turn like green... Not sure about that though.

If you are concerned about light output then anything after... 4300 or 5300, around those numbers are the same light output as say 8k...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of this... If you want pics, I have some pics at my cardomain.com website.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3359701

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Depends on what color you want dude. 10,000k doesn't even look purple. It's a nice light blue. You can't ask what's the brightest. I think you meant what color. 4,300k is four times as bright as stock and 10,000k/12,000k is twice as bright

·
Registered
720 Posts
Also, with time, don't they change? I mean with time won't they move up the scale? 4300k to 6000k and so on...I don't know if it's that drastic that it changes that much, but I thought I read that the light output will change with time.

I personally would get 4300k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.