Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am tired of people at the car shows asking what mods are done to the car. How can I find out what my car has compared to a stock cobalt ss sc. I don't what to rip n2 the engine if I don't need to lol. Would the only way to get a dyno run?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm confused...did you buy the car with modifications already done to it? If so, you should have asked the previous owner what all they did to it.

A dyno run will only tell you how much power you're putting down, doesn't help with any modifications done to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
so the build list in your sig isnt for the cobalt you put in shows? i'm confused how to answer your question. i guess step one is look under the hood anything shiney or just look not stock? < pop the hood. individual throttle bodys with veolcity stacks.... nope all stock...> ok step 2: start your car.hows it idle?is it caming?no? then your probably not camed.rev it. is it loud?now check boost while your reving.higher then stock?last check your exhaust. As for bottom end...dont bother checking. its stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the car off a guy that buys cars from insurence companys. I asked him if he knew and he didn't. I've done some mods. But most of em came wth the car. That's why I am thinking that there may b more don't to it. They gut nvr had to break n2 my engine but I went to his shop a few weeks ago and there was 1 that he had to bewak n2 and it had bigger injecters. Egal rods and he found a few more things since then

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I wanted to do a dyno. Find out how much hp compared to stock I've got

·
Registered
720 Posts
Might as well do a dyno just to see....again, it won't help with what's done really. I suppose if you can spot things in the engine bay that are aftermarket. You could probably go to CSS.net and ask over there...say this is what I see done to the car and give the list...then put the dyno up and say does this seem right or is there internal work done maybe?

Can you tell if it was maybe upgraded to stage 2 or higher (what size pulley do you have on there...it should be etched into the pulley).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gonna run a carfax on it again and c if I can get any info on the guy who owned it b4 and figure a way to contact him

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go onto the contest thing and its the last pic on the thread. Or go on my page and look at my pics

·
Registered
20 Posts
if he has a different sc pulley cant he just check what boost he's running. if he's running much over stock boost cant we just figure out what supporting mods he'd need to run that? it doesnt seem like you should need to dyno to figure out whats been done. except high comp pistons, ported head, and a stroker kit it can all be narrowed down.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
well for the most part, in your engine bay, it looks stock.. Look at your SC pully. /Is is bolted on? any numbers on it? aftermarket exhaust?

You do have a DC sports strut bar, incase you didn't know that.

Take more pics of the engine from different angles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.