Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used Cobalt ss/sc and i belive it has either a stage 1 or 2 because of the fact the is really fast! But i can't tell and i don't know how to check for these upgrades. can you guys give me any hints?when i floor it my boost reads 13 psi! thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What year is the car ? is it the supercharged one or the turbo charged one ?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i just bought a used Cobalt ss/sc and i belive it has either a stage 1 or 2 because of the fact the is really fast! But i can't tell and i don't know how to check for these upgrades. can you guys give me any hints?when i floor it my boost reads 13 psi! thanks in advance.
If you have a stage 1 or 2 the injectors would have different ID #s then stock numbers on them (don't have the numbers handy right now). If you have the Stage 2 the pulley size and belt is smaller then stock too (don't have the data in front of me for that right now either).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just check the pulley and it has a 77.9 mm stamp on it. what does this mean? how can i check what # of injector im running with? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the pulley has blue bolts or the pulley is bolted on to the SC it's not stock. The stock pulley is pressed on and would have no bolts at all. The stock injectors are a lime green color , the stage injectors are black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot. now for sure i have a stage 2 kit because my pully is bolt on with blue bolts. i also can go as high as 7,000 RPM. now i need to take a look at my injectors! what would my top end speed be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.