Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
buy springs XD
not cheap ebay springs either. without ss or koni struts you'll still bounce. trust me and dont go cheap like i did......buying twice is more expensive than spending more the first time.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
you want cheap? cut stock springs and bounce around
Lmfao!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Yea theres nothing cheap about lowering your car springs or coilovers it doesnt mater witch way you go.

Either way you go your looking at least 1 grand for springs and other items to lower it and around at least 2-3 grand with coilovers and items.

So cheaps not cutting the deal here lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
ss shocks and struts are like 550 at crate engine depot i think, eibach sportlines are a higher priced spring that is popular on here are about 225, new strut mounts are about 120 a set, and the ss (fe5) end links are about 70. that doesn't include alignment. read my sig and stay away from them, or any other "price low to high" ebay searches........

struts.....http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Cobalt-FE5-Struts-and-Shock-Pkg-FE5-S-P10850C948.aspx

springs......http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet/2005_9999_cobalt/suspension/lowering_springs/eibach/eibc01018687.html (can get these a little cheaper other places)

and the rest can be picked up at autozone or whatever.....although moog stuff is better, some places have them also.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
That also doesnt include the other parts & maintenance (if needed) after your 500 there if you plan on doing it all and then maintenance to get em put on if you dont want to do it your self thats why I said "at least 1 grand" not exactly 1k.

·
Registered
210 Posts
btw, the eibach PRO-KIT only lowers it about to an ss. sportlines are the lower ones. i bet 65% of the cobalt here have those if they dont have coilovers.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Its just a rounded number not an exact amount.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Nope I dont I heard mix emotions about them when I was going through the lowing process I like my SSC springs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That also doesnt include the other parts & maintenance (if needed) after your 500 there if you plan on doing it all and then maintenance to get em put on if you dont want to do it your self thats why I said "at least 1 grand" not exactly 1k.
oh yeah. there are people who pay other people to work on their cars.........

i always forget that. :ROFLOL:

not a stab, just me only thinking of what i do.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can honestly lower your car for under 500 bucks if you do it yourself.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

If you say at least 1k, you're saying it could be 1K or more..

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Yup thats if the op plans on doing him self on not.

Thats even if he goes through with getting it done or not.

And not really at least 1k is just rounded like I said its not a exact number nore is it any more then the 1k amount.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

oh yeah. there are people who pay other people to work on their cars.........

i always forget that. :ROFLOL:

not a stab, just me only thinking of what i do.
Gotta remember some people would feel more comfortable getting a professional to do if they lack the automotive skill.

I got mine put on just due to the fact iv never had a car other then the one I have now and plus its my only car so dont have a couple days for the car to just sit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You could do eibach sport KIT with both sway bars, and springs, with the fe5 shock strut kit for $700 add in the alignment, endlinks, and strut mounts and you are still under a grand if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah. i did mine in 8 hrs by myself, but i also dont trust ANYONE to turn any wrenches on my car without me double checking it. i have seen too many "walmart and such" oil changes go bad.....ie no drain plug, not enough oil put back in by people i worked with were i'll just change theirs for splitting a 6 pack and some bs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.